Landed myself a new job

Soldato
Afternoon all

First off thank you to everyone who has had a pop at me or put me straight over the last few months about getting upset with not getting a job or changing my career choices....

So after a few interviews here and there, i have managed to get myself a new job... its a warehouse operator with a company called TE Connectivity... Ive been told by the company that they supply sensors, cables and switches for things like Aircrafts, Cars and Military bits... Not the most glamorous job but its very interesting to me and im really excited to start next monday....

The boss told me they use a software called SAP... has anybody used this before? I know all system will be different but any info on it could help me learn...

Thanks for taking the time out to read this

Man of Honour
Congrats. SAP is the company they have various software packages that can do pretty much anything you need doing within a business from accounts to stock management.

Soldato
Congrats, and he might have been pointing to SAP HANA - a database management system. It's a pretty impressive piece of software that's used be a lot of large companies.

Soldato
I worked for a company that bought loads of stuff from TE connectivity/Tyco/AMP. I now work for a company that uses SAP, but I think our version is bastardised to make it unusable. Our SAP is generally used to coordinate our manufacturing process, inventory and stores but it also does shipping, invoicing and financial stuff.

Good job landing the job and good luck with it.

Caporegime
Well congrats on the new role, I am a bit confused by the choice though. You made threads a while ago about having worked in a warehouse for 8 years in a dead end job and wanting to change... seemingly that has involved wanting to work in IT, wanting to be a motorcycle courier, wanting to work in IT again and wanting to join the army... now you've got a new job... in a warehouse.

Maybe the grass will be greener and this warehouse job will be radically different to the other one you had. I'd perhaps consider getting as much experience with that SAP software and whatever else you get to use as quickly as possible and leaving the option available to pivot into an IT role if that is what you were keen on actually doing or in case this doesn't work out. Since you seemingly went to the effort to self study towards an IT role and had at least one interview you posted about on here then perhaps you can be proactive and start to get involved in some IT stuff in this new role anyway.

Man of Honour
I use a fair amount of TE Connectivity parts for my electronics hobbies - I've considered before looking for work in a company like that as I find the overall field interesting.

Congrats on the job.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
TE are massive,

What you could do is sort out the website so its actually useful when trying to find automotive grade connectors.

Soldato
SAP is a massively open ended bit of kit. I wouldn't put any effort into learning it from what you've said. Most likely you are just going to be doing some kind of data entry or tracking on some pre-built forms that are very specific to your job.

And congratulations !

Soldato
OP
Thank you for all the replies, I forgot about this thread :p Tomorrow is my first week complete and I know its another warehouse job but its completely different to what I was doing at DPD! Ive already got used to the screens I need to use on SAP im moving onto sending Heavy pallets, weighing them and Wrapping.... Today I sent 6400 metres of cable to Portugal and that's just one of the money orders I packed, Its mad how far and how big this company is... Anyway, Thanks again for all the kind words :D

Back
Top Bottom