*** Ace Combat 7 ***

Soldato
no hotas support for pc? wtf yea i already knew about 21:9 but that usually get sorted soon! guess ill keep playing it on ps4 then but controllers suck for this type of game :(

Associate
Well, i'll wait a little while longer for the issues to be resolved I think. Just bought an Ultrawide and have a HOTAS, so want to play it on that setup.

Soldato
Played a solid 3 hours of this on my PC with a Xbox remote and love it. Got that Ace combat feel to it.

Max settings and 150% render scale 2060 will happily run at 100fps+ very nice looking game and awesome story

Associate
Jesus Christ!!:eek:

I bit the bullet and bought it yesterday, and my HOTAS worked straight away, so no complaints here. Don't want to play too much until my ultrawide gets here, and there is an ultrawide fix. Although that guy doesnt seem to have any issues:confused:

Associate
Can confirm this HOTAS workaround working perfectly for me https://www.x360ce.com/

Download the 64bit file and place into AC7 installation folder. Run the file before booting game.

Having an absolute blast. Not sure if only me but turning off the BGM to hear those planes roar through the sky is a must..

Soldato
OP
Can confirm this HOTAS workaround working perfectly for me https://www.x360ce.com/

Download the 64bit file and place into AC7 installation folder. Run the file before booting game.

Having an absolute blast. Not sure if only me but turning off the BGM to hear those planes roar through the sky is a must..

BGM? I have to admit, the sound stage is brilliant, I'm using a 360 controller with 'full' flight controls rather than the basic option. However, I wish there were more options as I dislike not being able to use both sticks for control. Just the one and triggers.

Soldato
Still waiting for this to come down in price :o

Cheapest I can find it for is £35 via Instant Gaming, I loved the Ace Combat series on the Playstation as a kid... Is it worth the asking price?

Soldato
Some things to mod:

- How to replace FXAA with TAA:
Enable the in-game setting for FXAA.
Edit %LOCALAPPDATA%\BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment\ACE COMBAT 7\Config\Open Engine.ini.
add
[SystemSettings]
r.PostProcessAAQuality=6
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
r.TemporalACCatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.TemporalAASharpen=0.6
r.TemporalAADynamicSharpen=0.1

- How to disable chromatic aberration:
Edit %LOCALAPPDATA%\BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment\ACE COMBAT 7\Config\Open Engine.ini.
add
[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0

- How to increase draw distance:
add
[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.ViewDistanceScale=10
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-2
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2

FOV changing app found here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom