• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anthem performance issues I’ve noticed so far

Associate
A few points: -

1) The game is CPU limited

2) With vsync off the game hits 100% CPU utilisation with vsync on it drops.

3) LG OLED TVs still have the Dolby Vision bug where the screen just shows a black screen. A workaround is to set the output to 422 10bit within the Nvidia control panel.

4) The game won’t display in full screen with the above fix. Only borderless. If you set to full screen you’re going to see a screen of very screwed up colours.

5) If you have vsync on the game will drop to 30fps randomly (no not because of intense effects) for no reason. If you change the game back to vsync off the game jumps to above 60, at this point you can turn vsync back on and magically the game returns to normal.

Basically it is impossible to get 4k60 even with a 2080ti. If you want to play at 4k at a steady frame rate you’ll have to limit the game to 30fps.

Conclusion
The game is very poorly optimised.

Caporegime
I am running a 6850K @4.1Ghz (dog of a chip) and at 3440x1440. With everything set to ultra, I am sitting between 60 and 80 fps average, which runs very smooth. Very pleased with performance in truth and the game looks sweet also.

Associate
OP
Well that isn’t at 4k, but glad it never dips below 60 for you. Is this at MAX settings? Do you mind recording some footage for me? I wouldn’t mind going back to ultrawide at some point! I’ve been thinking about it:)

Also the game runs at 60-70fps for me, but whenever any large effects go off the game plummets to low 40’s. Do you have gsync? Might be why you’re not seeing the fps dips even though they are there...

Caporegime
Well that isn’t at 4k, but glad it never dips below 60 for you. Is this at MAX settings? Do you mind recording some footage for me? I wouldn’t mind going back to ultrawide at some point! I’ve been thinking about it:)

Also the game runs at 60-70fps for me, but whenever any large effects go off the game plummets to low 40’s. Do you have gsync? Might be why you’re not seeing the fps dips even though they are there...
Will do bud. I am on 4am starts and so will be on Monday, as when I finish at 2pm tomorrow, the pub is calling me.

Caporegime
Does look good Gregster, but loads of FPS drops below 60 and the GPU usage is not maxed out, CPU doesn't look bottle-necked either.
Only noticed the drops when watching it back and don't feel them. Agreed with usage and not sure what is going on with that either. Frames are lower in tarsis and GPU is at 60% ish. Might be my end though.

Associate
OP
Yeah thanks. Thought the optimisation needed looking at! Even Nvidia set the game to low settings with a 2080ti in their recommended Experience settings!

Edit - add me to origin if you like spikeruled is my name on there.

Associate
OP
VRR stuff like GSYNC and Freesync are the biggest innovation in gaming tech in the past 5+ years. Forget RTX and 4k. It’s just magic how it makes 40 odd frames seem like a smooth 60. I’m not sure why people don’t talk about it more!

Soldato
VRR stuff like GSYNC and Freesync are the biggest innovation in gaming tech in the past 5+ years. Forget RTX and 4k. It’s just magic how it makes 40 odd frames seem like a smooth 60. I’m not sure why people don’t talk about it more!

We users of adaptive sync tech are always talking about how big a deal it is, a game changer I'll never be without.

Soldato
Considering the graphical downgrade this thing has gone through since the E3 reveal, I'm surprised it doesn't run at 4K 60, on a 2060....

Back
Top Bottom