BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
£15k for a 9 year old first gen 1 Series?

Is there a briefcase full of bearer bonds in the boot? I'd cry into my cornflakes if I paid £15k and had to look at a 15 year old interior like that. Madness. You can almost get into an F Series 335i for that.

Soldato
OP
Its taken almost 15 years but I am finally now driving a BMW with Runflat tyres I'm happy with and would pick again.
What tyres did you go for? I bought some Bridgestone Driveguards and they are surprisingly good, they don't feel like runflats at all. They're more mid range than high performance though.

Man of Honour
Eagle F1 Assymetric 3 - great grip, compliant and smooth ride and my last set of rears lasted almost 20k miles which I've never experienced anything like before.

Associate
£15k for a 9 year old first gen 1 Series?

Is there a briefcase full of bearer bonds in the boot? I'd cry into my cornflakes if I paid £15k and had to look at a 15 year old interior like that. Madness. You can almost get into an F Series 335i for that.
This!
That is M135i F20 budget - sure some may argue with styling but overall it's a significantly more modern car.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car. But having paid nearly half of that for a well specced FBMWSH M Sport 10 plate 335D coupe (of course, not with 40k miles) I have to raise that it's an absolutely ridiculous price.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I am honestly struggling to think of a worse car for £15k than that old shape 1-series. I had to double check on autotrader as i couldn't believe the price of it. Seems that a 2010 is anything from £12.5-15k. Madness! :p

Soldato
This!
That is M135i F20 budget - sure some may argue with styling but overall it's a significantly more modern car.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car. But having paid nearly half of that for a well specced FBMWSH M Sport 10 plate 335D coupe (of course, not with 40k miles) I have to raise that it's an absolutely ridiculous price.

The M135i will keep depreciating though.

Associate
Indeed, it's a 135i.
If it were an 1M then yes - those will probably continue to appreciate due to the M cult status. But it is not an 1M :p and thus a very poor purchase.

Back
Top Bottom