• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

OcUK Staff
But most like me would rather have £100 or so off the price and not have the games.

The games cost AMD less than $10, so no they can't drop the price £100 because the games cost nowhere near that.

So if they were to drop a $700 card to $690, sales would be no change.
But bundle in a load of games with an RRP of $150 which people may have considered going out to be buy and all of a sudden it has a dramatic effect on their sales. :)

Soldato
Games bundles are a nice sweatener and i definitely see them as a plus point ... But I would disagree with saying they add £130 value onto the game.
Also NV offer 2 games with their high end cards don't they?.
The comments about the shroud blow my mind, honestly with that and the claims that lowering voltage and upping the core speed is apparently an absolute give so much that comparison benchmarks by some comparing to NV is showing the card in such a way.

I have to ask who the hell is designing the final bits of these things and should they be retrained or replaced?.

IF a 3d printer can improve the shroud then the original design is not fit for purpose and should have never made it out.
IF under volting is an absolute given and improves performance as much as some say then the stock bios is not fit for purpose and should never have made it out... Esp as it makes the card look worse than it really is. Double ESP as AMD should have learned from Vega 64.

Or am I missing something ?

That said I am reticent to believe "X over clocking to Y is a given after I bought a gtx 980 which would not OC at all

Last edited:
Associate
It does beggar belief that AMD would release a product that can be improved by Herbert's like us tweaking away. But I tell you this. I love getting better performance for a few minutes tweakage. :D

Associate
@Gibbo do you know when the Sapphire cards are going to be back in stock? Also, are they OK with cooler removal? If not, which brand would you recommend if I'm planning to get a water block.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo do you know when the Sapphire cards are going to be back in stock? Also, are they OK with cooler removal? If not, which brand would you recommend if I'm planning to get a water block.

Still waiting in feedback from Sapphire/AMD.

We’re expexting 40 Powercolor cards in 7-10 days.

Soldato
If I were to purchase a waterblock, would I have to setup a custom loop for it? Is it possible to connect it to an AIO?

Considering that most AIOs are not expandable, and those few that are probably use Aluminium radiators, I would say there's no point and just get a proper loop. If you're going to have multiple radiators in your case from CPU and GPU AIOs with all the tubing involved, then just do it properly in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom