**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Man of Honour
I know for a fact that (front facing) video could be a lot better since I've recorded clearer, sharper video on the S8 and S9 phones in worse lighting.

By default video stabilisation is turned on which is Samsung's EIS, that still creates that juddering look when the frame pans through vertical lines (building edges etc). IMO Sony are the only OEMs that do this just right with EIS, they manage to get it pretty much perfectly smooth. I always turn EIS off and rely on OIS to subtly do its thing. You also gain more FOV as EIS crops in the frame a bit.

The rear camera is better for juddering control but iut's still there you can see it.

Moral of the story, turn off EIS, you get more FOV, and you get no juddering when panning. Unless you're on an Xperia flagship...

Caporegime
Messed around with one of these tonight in an 02 store, glad I cancelled my pre-order. Really not much notably better than my current phone, s9+.

Soldato
Need some help... I purchased the 512GB ceramic white version from the rainforest...The page at the top says "Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus - Ceramic White (512GB)"

But after I made the order it says..."You purchased this item on 22 Feb 2019.
Style Name: UK Version | Colour Name: Prism White | Size Name: 512GB | View this order"

Prism white.. even though the product page always changes to ceramic white when you select a 512GB version. I spoke to there chat support and they said its a mistake on the website.. but when you go on the official Samsung site and select the 512GB version it always changes the colour options to ceramic only so which is correct lol. Are the 512GB versions ceramic only and the rainforest support guy is wrong? I want to make sure as I don't want prism white.

EDIT: Nevermind it turns out all the 512GB versions are the ceramic versions. They just have it wrong on there website.

Last edited:
Associate
I think the free ear buds deal is swaying me over now. Will prob go for the S10. Happy with 128gb too. Does anyone know if that deal is only available when you order direct with Samsung? Also, my S7 Edge has a slightly damaged screen. Wondering if they will still offer me 200 for it?

Associate
I think the free ear buds deal is swaying me over now. Will prob go for the S10. Happy with 128gb too. Does anyone know if that deal is only available when you order direct with Samsung? Also, my S7 Edge has a slightly damaged screen. Wondering if they will still offer me 200 for it?

These are the terms and conditions of the free ear buds offer https://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxys-preorder/terms/# and lists all the qualifying retailers .

Soldato
I’ve read reports where it works 50/50. Not sure how true this is until customers start getting their handsets.
Shame they didnt give a second secure option like iris scanner, seems only stuck with the FPS being the secure unlock.

At least the mate 20 pro you have the 3D face unlock and the FPS

Soldato
Shame they didnt give a second secure option like iris scanner, seems only stuck with the FPS being the secure unlock.

At least the mate 20 pro you have the 3D face unlock and the FPS
Indeed. I think it does have iris scanning though ?

Also, who knows, maybe the ultrasonic sensor will get better with an update.

Back
Top Bottom