Anthem 2018

Soldato
Destiny is a proper shooter. Anthem is an RPG more like The Division. Yes you have to aim at things but it's your gear and stats that decide the outcome.

Man of Honour
Destiny is a proper shooter. Anthem is an RPG more like The Division. Yes you have to aim at things but it's your gear and stats that decide the outcome.

Atleast on PC aim still counts for something in The Division - obviously if the level and gear score difference is so big you can one shot someone while using your weakest weapon then aim won't count for much but anything reasonably close you can't just point in the general direction with a higher gear score and let the numbers do the work.

Haven't played it on console enough to know how TD works for aim/stats there.

Soldato
Atleast on PC aim still counts for something in The Division - obviously if the level and gear score difference is so big you can one shot someone while using your weakest weapon then aim won't count for much but anything reasonably close you can't just point in the general direction with a higher gear score and let the numbers do the work.

Haven't played it on console enough to know how TD works for aim/stats there.

Well in TCTD all you really need to do is hold your cursor over the enemies (they are pretty slow, as are you), and the weapon stats do most of the decision-making as to what hits and what damage is inflicted. You're playing a game of stats draining shield/health bars.

Destiny you are super mobile and landing hits it mostly down to your ability to aim. If you can aim at crit spots stuff dies very fast, even with junk weapons. It's a 'proper shooter'. It's all about movement and aim.

Anthem superficially looks like like Destiny, but it plays more like TCTD. You're flying around and mobile, but killing enemies is about having decent enough weapons and abilities to drain their shield and health bars quickly, rather than outright aim skill.

Not saying either way is better, just different gameplay.

Soldato
Did any of you start playing this on the 10hr EA Access trial?

I've slightly changed my opinion, I'm enjoying the full game more than I did the beta. Having to go through the opening stages has given it a bit more sense of purpose and I've got a better grip and understanding of it. I am tempted to get it now but will wait a couple of weeks before it inevitably ends up on sale.

Soldato

I've slightly changed my opinion, I'm enjoying the full game more than I did the beta. Having to go through the opening stages has given it a bit more sense of purpose and I've got a better grip and understanding of it. I am tempted to get it now but will wait a couple of weeks before it inevitably ends up on sale.

Yeah and unfortunately used all my 10 hrs by Saturday :(

Playing on the X they seem to have sorted the loading issue of the beta, the frame rate seems a little bit better (but still some slowdown). Really looking forward to playing this from Friday..

Associate

Yes indeed, played through my 10hrs on the Xbox One X with my son on his. It's running much better now compared to the Demo weekend but as mentioned above during intense scenes there are framerate drops. Loading screen times are terrible still. Overall though I enjoyed it for what it is. It looks good, sounds great, combats fine and if I get 20-30 hours from it I'll be happy, damn 5 hours in the pub on Saturday cost me £80 lol.

I'm also playing on the PC, using my controller and it does run much better. Got a solid locked 60fps at 1080p Ultra settings.

I'll be on the Xbox this weekend though so drop me a friend request if anyone wants - BigJohnnyQ

Soldato
Yeah - The frame rate generally does seem a lot better compared to the demo. There is still the odd drop and the hub-zone is a blur flip book experience at times but the actual game is better.

This would never happen 'because EA' but I can't help but feel they should have sold the game at a low price point such as 25/30 or as F2P. I think they would have made more than enough in cosmetic sales as people would have been more inclined to dip in to that given a lower/free price. The only reason I say it as when playing over the weekend it was the first time that I really felt this is just warframe with a slick finish. That's not a bad thing at all but I don't think it's 70/80 seeing as Warframe is F2P.

Associate
Got this yesterday (luck of the draw I guess)
Played the first few missions, I like it. Reviewers seem really down on this game, but I'm enjoying flying around and shooting things, what can I say I have simple tastes.
Was a die-hard D1 player, D2 hasn't kept it's hooks into as strongly, bungie kinda fumbled on that one, but it's getting better, so Anthem will probably tide me over until The Division 2 lands.

Playing on Xbox One X, thought the game was running an intro video until I was able to control my character, the game really does look amazing, runs so much better than the demo.

Caporegime
The big trouble they have is that the project was no doubt first envisioned when Destiny was such as success for Bungee

But games move quickly now, and that style of gaming has kinda fallen out of favour already (with mainstream gamers anyway)

Soldato
Pffft, don't care what the reviews say, I'm enjoying it and so are my friends, how long that lasts is another matter.

Soldato
Was 4gb on Xbox one x. Just playing the EA access trial and enjoying it. Very much destiny/division.

Will see if my interest wains.

Liking what I’m playing thus far however!

Soldato
How does the open world work? I dont want to be forced into a fire team of randoms. Can I select missions and do them on my own like free roam in Destiny?

In Destiny the open world is like a server with other players in there doing their own thing but you can select missions and at the point you start them, you are on your own.

I really cant be arsed with randomers and stacked fireteams full of try hards.

Back
Top Bottom