• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Just installed my R7. Bios update opened and nothing much happened other than a command prompt box opening and closing.

Installed drivers and everything was fine.

Installed overdrive and now stuck in a bootloop. Currently in the middle of an hour long system restore as it wont let me uninstall overdrive. :(

Associate
Just installed my R7. Bios update opened and nothing much happened other than a command prompt box opening and closing.

Installed drivers and everything was fine.

Installed overdrive and now stuck in a bootloop. Currently in the middle of an hour long system restore as it wont let me uninstall overdrive. :(

What is overdrive? some form of clocking tool?

If the bios wont load from the EXE file run it from command prompt inside the folder window, where the EXE file is. some have had problems updating to the new bios via running as admin. more about it here https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/atmrwv/radeon_vii_new_bios_v106_available/

Associate
What is overdrive? some form of clocking tool?

If the bios wont load from the EXE file run it from command prompt inside the folder window, where the EXE file is. some have had problems updating to the new bios via running as admin. more about it here https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/atmrwv/radeon_vii_new_bios_v106_available/
Yes, but I didnt know you could do it via radeon settings. Bios updated fine after reading through and checking GPU-Z. Just thought there would be more to it.

1950/1200 is stable at 1070Mv. What voltage can I go to? Junction temp goes up to 112 in furmark stress test at 1440 ultrawide then throttles a bit
2000mhz artifacts straight away. 1975 has an artifact every minute or so. at 1085mv.

Fan at max doesnt bother me. Might just see how much I can lower voltage at 1950/1200

Last edited:
Soldato
I imagine it's probably a lot more involved in trying to get a LC version sorted compared to just air. Probably didn't expect enough demand to justify it either.

Associate
Apparently EK are looking at the end of Q1 to release a product.

Ive never watercooled a GPU but am I right in assuming that even using an EK one would void warranty because of the sticker on the screw?

Some will honour the warranty even if water cooled, some do not. I will water cool mine when a full cover block becomes available, but like most things even if covered if you spring a leak and damage the card its warranty over!

Back
Top Bottom