Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Had a nose in a couple of Merc dealers today.

First had a yellow A35 in which was actually pretty nice, the wife liked it so maybe one to change her mini for.

Second dealer I went to look at a C63 coupe, was smart and never get bored of hearing that engine.

But the best thing there the salesman said to go take a look at in the back of the showroom was a new AMG GT4 63s.

Maybe not the prettiest thing but I’d did look awesome, and inside was lovely. A bargain at 150k.

Soldato
I test drove an new A-Class this week, a 200 AMG Line automatic, and it has put me right off ever purchasing one. The ride was amongst the worst of any car I have driven with even tyre slap on repaired road cracks clearly audible from inside the thing, it banged and crashed over any holes as well. The gearbox, what a mess, for ever hunting for the right gear it thought it should be in, even in, so called, comfort mode. The car was noisy too with a very unpleasant exhaust noise which I feel would make for tiring long journey's.
Sure it has the technology but I was glad to get back into my A4 again, even our new fiesta betters the A Class in terms of refinement and ride quality...

Man of Honour
I test drove an new A-Class this week, a 200 AMG Line automatic, and it has put me right off ever purchasing one. The ride was amongst the worst of any car I have driven with even tyre slap on repaired road cracks clearly audible from inside the thing, it banged and crashed over any holes as well. The gearbox, what a mess, for ever hunting for the right gear it thought it should be in, even in, so called, comfort mode. The car was noisy too with a very unpleasant exhaust noise which I feel would make for tiring long journey's.
Sure it has the technology but I was glad to get back into my A4 again, even our new fiesta betters the A Class in terms of refinement and ride quality...

Fiesta, credibility gone :D

Soldato
That's a matter of opinion isn't it, we all have a right to express them, or do we not?
:rolleyes:
I also think you'll find that many of the published road tests actually do state some of this as well..

Soldato
Very surprised to hear that - the new A Class is meant to be excellent...
This is what I thought, it was on my short list of cars to replace my 2016 A4. What I really wanted is the saloon version but, according to the dealership, there are none in the country and not likely to be until around October.
I did realise that the version I tested had the torsion bar rear suspension, not the multi-link, thus the ride could be improved with that setup. But I couldn't live with that gearbox..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
not interested in the new 35 - it's a downgrade from mine (45). Interested in what the new 45 will be li,e, which we'll find out soon apparently!

The new A45 AMG S 4Matic+ with 421ps will be quite an event I'd think, drift mode now too.

Caporegime
Wonder if it will still have the crappy 4 pot that tries so hard to be an AMG.

If it has a 6 pot then consider me interested. Looking to get rid of my GTD soon so looking at the Golf R, Audi RS3 or the A45 but the newer version.

Did have a look at the C43 but wasn’t that impressed with it. Perfect hatchbacks in all honesty.

Man of Honour

If it has a 6 pot then consider me interested. Looking to get rid of my GTD soon so looking at the Golf R, Audi RS3 or the A45 but the newer version.

Did have a look at the C43 but wasn’t that impressed with it. Perfect hatchbacks in all honesty.

Crappy? It's a good engine, and it'll be similar to the current A45 I imagine.

Soldato

Did have a look at the C43 but wasn’t that impressed with it.

Lol! What nonsense, it’s one of the highest output per liter engines ever, part of the one man one engine build program as all AMG engines are.

What isn’t an AMG engine is the 6 cylinder you mention in the C43.

Soldato
It’s the drift mode which really interests me. Not o my that but they’ve changed the balance somewhat. 45’s tends to understeer. So looking to find out more info and get a drive when released

Where would you be driving it tho? On the roads any drift mode is redundant and if you’re getting an A45 to understeer on the road then you must be doing about 100 around the corners!

Caporegime
Lol! What nonsense, it’s one of the highest output per liter engines ever, part of the one man one engine build program as all AMG engines are.

What isn’t an AMG engine is the 6 cylinder you mention in the C43.
Lol sure if you say so:p

The only real AMG engines are the V8’s and v12’s that Merc do...well their V12’s are being phased out now.

The a45 and c43’s are just poor men’s AMGs in all honesty. Mercedes just trying to tap into the cheaper end of the performance market.

But having driven the A45 for a few days, my cousin had one but got rid of it. I found it not all that exciting especially those ridiculous boy racer-ish pops and bangs. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a quick car for what it is. Just like a golf r but on the whole not an exciting car.

Back
Top Bottom