Dirt Rally 2.0

Soldato
I have absolutely no idea how you can play this game and say that it feels fine. Im baffled, absolutely baffled.

Even with my guide it doesnt produce any additional effects, it simply amplifies the very tame default forces. And by very tame i mean litterally nothing..........

Have the testers litterally all sat there and said "yeah, this feels great, the feeling through the wheel is brilliant".

Honestly its bonkers, there is no finesse in the FFB at all, its very basic sensations of bumps, nothing more.

Last edited:
Associate
dont change anything ingame default logitech settings. should be fine. then go play. you shouldnt have to change anything. play for a while before judging.
The keys are not mapped to anything so the wheel only works if I manually map etc. Which feels terrible when I do it that way. Previous games had no issue and was automatically picked up and the wheel worked the menus too.

Caporegime
OP
The keys are not mapped to anything so the wheel only works if I manually map etc. Which feels terrible when I do it that way. Previous games had no issue and was automatically picked up and the wheel worked the menus too.

mine works in the menus and everything fine. the only issue is the very first splash screen you have to click it with the mouse. after that you can do everything more or less with the wheel.

when you installed you logitech drivers for it did you plug your wheel in before installing them ? this can mess up ffb and settings. you dont plug it in until you install the software and you are prompted. if you do reinstall make sure you delete all traces so your cfg isnt left behind when reinstalling. not saying you have to just if you do.

this is one of the problems with wheels and games. you can install many ways which are wrong then there is programs like geoforce experience which also cause issues with wheels. then you have win 10 which cause issues. before you even get to the game.

glad to hear its working fine for you amd73 it is fun when you got it working right. now back to rallying. some more group b. :D

Caporegime
OP
Argentina will send you bold. you want mega short gears handbrake a lot and really good throttle brake control. really rewarding when you get it right but touch a rock you might aswell just restart lol.

Soldato

My G29 does this sometimes in dirt rally, wheel is recognised every where else but the game. Try plugging the wheel into a different USB port on the computer, that normally solves the issue for me.

Caporegime
OP
not yet. just shorten the gears use soft tyres if you doing the short events. soft tyres will be quicker but wear faster. depends if you doing time trials or campaign. time trials just use soft.

Permabanned
I just gave Dirt Rally 2.0 a try & the first impressions are good, I went straight to the historic category & started the game in the Mini as I did with Dirt Rally & the handling is a lot better, It was a lot more enjoyable.

I'm only playing it with an Xone controller though so I can't tell what it's like with a wheel but I'm glad I grabbed the game now, I noticed this time around we only got 50 Steam Achievements compared to the 170 we got with the original. It's a shame it hasn't got a proper benchmark like the original but it has got one if you put -benchmark in the launch option, It's pretty rubbish though as it doesn't show any performance stats, not even at the end so maybe it's incomplete at the moment.

Associate
My G29 does this sometimes in dirt rally, wheel is recognised every where else but the game. Try plugging the wheel into a different USB port on the computer, that normally solves the issue for me.
wheel is working fine in dirt rally and in dirt 4. Just this game doesn't what to automatically map the keys.But it detects the wheel as Logitech driving force GT?
I have not touched drivers etc in a long time. I have it set the way I like in other games. So reluctant to faf about with drivers/ etc and lose all that.

Soldato
Is there a particular reason they don't let us change weather/time of day freely in time trial? That's what I'm playing mostly and I'd like to test different conditions like heavy rain or just freshen up the stages from time to time. You could do that even in Dirt 4.

Other than that, and severe lack of unique stages as usual with Codemasters, I can't say I'm not enjoying it. Still will be driving them over and over as most are good.

Waiting for D1 stages and hopefully there's at least 1 new rally in season 2.

Caporegime
OP
for some reason they have moved it to custom. where you can use any condition. it has been mentioned to make all available in normal time trial.

Associate
I imagine there will be a few more of these videos until a fix/patch comes along. But this is helpful none the less.

Soldato
This thread made me dust off my old wheel and get back to dirt rally 1 I backed in EA due to codies supporting VR but only put an HR in then forgot about it...(I don't play unfinished games).
I gotta say it really is a great game so if number 2 is better it really must be special . I hope now VR is in the updated EGO engine it will mean good things for future F1 as well as the dirt off road racing games

Back
Top Bottom