*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
It's messed up that boxers and their promoters can negotiate their own deals with TV networks. Imo any and all deals should be done between the networks and the boxing federations, who can then offer an increased purse based on those deals. Allowing boxers to negotiate deals just makes arranging fights across networks and promotions much harder and means fighters can more easily duck each other.

I thought boxing had potentially turned a bit of a corner with regards to fighters avoiding each other, but with talk that Wilder vs Fury might be harder to arrange because of Fury's ESPN deal and no sign of Joshua fighting either of them, it's not looking great with regards the big heavyweight fights people want to see.

Caporegime
Can't see how that deal is good for the division. Yes, cross-platform fights, such as Lewis-Tyson and Mayweather-Pacquiao, have been made in the past, but they required huge, world-wide demand. I think it's very possible now that Fury/Wilder/Joshua never fight each other (again in the case of Fury-Wilder).

IIRC it's:

Hearn: Joshua, Chisora, Takam, Povetkin, Hrgovic, Whyte?*
Warren/Arum: Fury, Pulev, Jennings, Rivas, Ruiz
Haymon: Wilder, Breazeale, Kownacki, Joyce.
(*Whyte may switch platforms (probably to Haymon) if Hearn doesn't offer him a better deal than the one Whyte saw as insulting a few months ago and quickly turned down.)

I can see each platform keeping everything in-house i.e. no platform co-operation. Grim thought, as that would **** the division just when it seemed to be getting good.
Doesn’t Hearn have Usyk as well? He’s gonna be a huge draw over the next couple of years.

Permabanned
Yeah, Usyk vs Joshua would be huge regardless. All Sky have to do is mention their undefeated records and show his KO of Bellew over and over again.

Associate
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Joshua v Miller? Just watched there first press conference think millers just trying to hype it up shoving Joshua straight from the off,testing the waters!
If fury was speaking straight he knocked him down 7 times in sparring then sent him packing!
Be a good American debut for him I think and a good route to wilder hopefully, since fury signed his TV deal the rematch could be off the cards for a while he’ll likely have a few walk overs first to make him look good for them first.

Permabanned
It's messed up that boxers and their promoters can negotiate their own deals with TV networks. Imo any and all deals should be done between the networks and the boxing federations, who can then offer an increased purse based on those deals. Allowing boxers to negotiate deals just makes arranging fights across networks and promotions much harder and means fighters can more easily duck each other.

I thought boxing had potentially turned a bit of a corner with regards to fighters avoiding each other, but with talk that Wilder vs Fury might be harder to arrange because of Fury's ESPN deal and no sign of Joshua fighting either of them, it's not looking great with regards the big heavyweight fights people want to see.
Wilder is currently a free agent so the only thing stopping him fighting Fury is Espn and Arum wanting the fight to marinate.

Caporegime
6 rounds to put a 40 year old pudding to bed.

Wilder took 1 round and 1 punch :o

Edit: They think he'll be ready to fight one of the big three mid 2020? If he starts throwing his punches now they might land mid 2020.

Back
Top Bottom