The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
After another turn in events the seller has agreed she would be happy to leave the Settee in my garage for a short while to enable us to complete sooner. So today my solicitors are going to attempt to exchange today for completion tomorrow. Touch wood mortgage money comes in time For Keys tomorrow.

Soldato
Thanks for that Fez, we've had them through and its nothing too troubling. They've asked for three transfer forms which we don't have so I'll have to get them from the council, hopefully that doesn't slow things down too much, but, being the local council it probably will. Frustrates me that in any documentation or communication from our buyer they state that they are looking for a quick purchase, which is against their actions. I'm up to date with everything for purchase and sale but they sat on submitting their searches for three weeks so they're still quite a way off.

Soldato
After another turn in events the seller has agreed she would be happy to leave the Settee in my garage for a short while to enable us to complete sooner. So today my solicitors are going to attempt to exchange today for completion tomorrow. Touch wood mortgage money comes in time For Keys tomorrow.
Good luck!

Associate
We were meant to exchange Friday, then sellers solicitors were off Monday...was hoping to exchange today but still havent happened...getting annoyed now considering they were rushing us to exchange

Soldato
Got the asbestos survey back, after the mortgage provider said they needed to see one before they could move ahead. Four areas of asbestos identified, and one where it's the nastier brown stuff. Good news is that the recommendation is only to seal it, and it won't impact the valuation or mortgage process.

We're hoping to exchange by mid-march and complete in April.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Completed on Friday and spent the weekend unpacking. Only realised on Sunday that we had managed to miss some boxes stored in an outside locker we were emptying. Fingers crossed none of them have been nicked but luckily the new people have put what was there back in the locker and we are going to collect it this week hopefully. Moving day was stressful and tiring but the new house is great. Weather has been amazing as well which made the whole thing much more manageable.

Soldato
That’s one of the reasons moving will be easy for me, I have a double bed, pc desk, tv and a wardrobe, one van trip and it’ll be done.

Anything I buy will get delivered to my new house. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Ours was 60's - but its not that uncommon in anything built before the 70's (when it was banned)

It may be a surprise, but

When asbestos was banned in the UK
It might surprise you to know what asbestos was only fully banned in the UK construction industry in 1999.

Blue (crocidolite) and brown (amosite) asbestos were banned in 1985. White (chrysotile) asbestos was not included in this initial ban.

White (chrysotile) asbestos was banned in the UK in 1999, nearly 15 years after the first asbestos bans. This 1999 ban made the manufacture and supply of all asbestos products illegal in the UK.

Soldato
We've been in a few weeks, done a lot of work on the house which hadn't been touched in last 30yrs, agent came round today after a random call and as offered us 100k over what we paid - completely torn right now, do not want to move as it was awful and stressful, but 100k for a few weeks of hardcore decorardec and refurb work (less costs of moving and getting back into rented) - worth it or madness?!!!

So confused!

Soldato
We've been in a few weeks, done a lot of work on the house which hadn't been touched in last 30yrs, agent came round today after a random call and as offered us 100k over what we paid - completely torn right now, do not want to move as it was awful and stressful, but 100k for a few weeks of hardcore decorardec and refurb work (less costs of moving and getting back into rented) - worth it or madness?!!!

So confused!

If they're offering £100k as a first bid, ask for £150k. What does the agent want as their cut?

Soldato

So confused!
Unless 100k is only a tiny fraction of the property and you have a ridiculous salary that seems like a total no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom