**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Rumours are it's going to have a pop up camera which i just can't get away with, after owning the 3T, 5T and 6 I was looking forward to the 7.

Last edited:
Soldato
My issue with the pop up camera is that it generally adds thickness and weight to the device. Personally I'd rather have a hole-punch notch than a pop up camera, so if that is indeed what Oneplus do I'll probably go for something like the Galaxy S10 or P30 Pro instead.

Soldato
The pop up camera just feels like an interim design at best, while they figure out how to have a built-in camera in the screen without the hole punch effect.

Personally I use it so rarely I wouldn't even miss it if it was gone, but it is becoming a mainstream for facial recognition and associated security features.

OnePlus were always about providing value rather than any innovative (not that I think this is) or experimental technologies so I think it may just be a rumour. Also be a bit of a pain for phone cases.

Soldato
Where are these "rumours" - I don't see anything about a pop up etc.

As above - cases would be a nightmare etc/face recognition etc - Can't see anything like that happening.

Soldato
It will most likely look like this
r19_zpslakhycjm.jpg

OnePlus phones are usually based on the latest OPPO device and that's the latest one.

Soldato
Shame, particularly seeing as Xiaomi have announced that Qualcomm's quick charge 20W wireless charging will be supported by the Mi 9. I feel like holes are starting to appear in Oneplus' approach to making phones. Their refusal to get proper IP certification, to move away from using a 1080p resolution, to support wireless charging, combined with their inability to make a camera comparable to the big guns are things that are getting a bit hard to overlook. I love Oxygen OS, imo it's the best implementation of Android out there, but their hardware compromises are pushing me away.

I swore I wouldn't go back to a Samsung device after not liking the S7 but I'm seriously tempted by the Galaxy S10.

Back
Top Bottom