Dirt Rally 2.0

Associate
No, as it has not been implemented yet. They're working on it.

dr2vr.png

Soldato
After my post I did a quick search and looks like they weren't going to include VR, then after the backlash and possibly some funding from Oculus they are working on it.....

Looks good but I'll wait till VR works....

Caporegime
OP
the difference is cobra some have ffb fine some dont. the factors at hand which can effect in this are many. many like me have pefectly fine ffb and been playing fine. hopefully a patch or guidelines will come in and better steering wheel drivers to help those that do have issues. a new game with issues is obviously frustrating. it is a brilliant game and hopefully all can see that soon who have issues.

now cuppa tea then back to rallying :D

Soldato
Right with a bit of luck peeps who just pre-ordered standard DR2.0, we should get are cdkey some time later today.

As l sent a e-mail to customer service asking if we will get are keys today with the game already on early release for the dlx edit, there reply was yes but could not confirm time.

Keep checking your e-mails, fingers crossed.

Associate
Just did a PB at North Fork Pass and got myself into the top 10, well chuffed. Will be back in the top 1000s from the end of this week no doubt :D

20190225152058-1.jpg

20190225152239-1.jpg

20190225152512-1.jpg

Would've been a lot quicker if I wasn't being so sideways. Converted my TH8A to sequential shift and programmed it as a handbrake, so much easier than pressing a button on the wheel. Problem is now driving older H pattern shifting cars isn't as realistic using the paddles.

Soldato
Would've been a lot quicker if I wasn't being so sideways. Converted my TH8A to sequential shift and programmed it as a handbrake, so much easier than pressing a button on the wheel. Problem is now driving older H pattern shifting cars isn't as realistic using the paddles.

Do you have an old joystick spare that you can remap for a handbrake ?

I use my TH8A as well, the problem is that Dirt Rally does not recognise it as an analogue device, its purely digital on / off.

Associate
I imagine there will be a few more of these videos until a fix/patch comes along. But this is helpful none the less.

Cheers, this was very helpful, gave me start and tweaked a few things here and there, so now things feel nice, in comparison to default.

I've have a Thrustmaster TX Leather, updated to the latest Firmware (54.0) and Driver (2019_TTRS_1) if anyone has the time to clarify how my settings feel, I've listed the values in the spoiler tag below.

My only issue is that at 4K I can't seem to disable V-sync. :confused:, 1080p is fine.

@Cobra-UK Have you tried using the clutch pedal as the handbrake, works for me but I only use flappy padals.

Control Panel Settings

Rotation / Angle @ 540 degrees
Overall Strength @ 92%
Constant @ 100%
Periodic @ 100%
Damper @ 12%

XML Settings from 0.9 to 5.2

In game settings
Self Aligning Torque @ 80
Wheel Friction @ 8
Tire Friction @ 10
Suspension @ 100
Collision @ 20
Soft Lock @ 0
Steering Central @ 0 - Off

Then Press F2 or Button 3 to calibrate the rotation on the Input bindings menu.

Associate
G29 with a custom XML adding 1.5 to both force and friction. Get a lot of suspension and torque feedback but still lacking in surface detail.

This hasn't hindered my enjoyment one bit, i find the handling to be possibly the best i've ever experienced and once you get to grips with not trying to fly through every level and take in the co drivers instructions it has become the most gratifying sim racer i have played in years.

Back
Top Bottom