Ubisoft account - suspicious activity email

Soldato
received 2 identical emails this morning, start of which is copied below.

Anyone else had this? never had one from Ubisoft before. My radar is up as I just assume everything is a scam these days.

-----

Hello,

We have recently noticed suspicious activity on your account.

As a preventative measure, we have reset your password for your account with the username: xxxxxx

To regain access to your account, please request a new password by taking the following steps:

Soldato
The hyperlink goes to the Ubisoft website so if a phishing attempt, rather poor :D

Seems legit to me.

Type account.ubisoft.com into your browser and go from there and reset as prompted.

Associate
The hyperlink goes to the Ubisoft website so if a phishing attempt, rather poor :D

Seems legit to me.

Type account.ubisoft.com into your browser and go from there and reset as prompted.
It might be that he just did a copy and pasta of the whole email which wouldn't have included the original URL if it was a phishing scam email.

The answer to this is if you can still log into your uplay account with your current password, then the email was a scam but if you can't log in then it was a genuine email and someone was trying to access your account and ubisoft locked them out.

Also enable 2-factor so it can't happen again (hopefully).

Soldato
OP
Cheers folks. Did some careful digging and it was legit. Have had this happen to my steam account before so looks like some ****** was trying to do something naughty. Will look at setting up 2FA for uplay now...

EDIT - Setting up 2FA for uplay looks a right pain, have to download an app and all sorts of gubbins. Does everyone else bother to do this for uplay? I've done it for steam but that was very easy.

Last edited:
Associate
I never actually knew they could change your password that's interesting. I have never had this happen to me before so if they do indeed detect suspicious activity on my account I hope they do the same for me cheers for posting this. It's like an auto detection system it seems?.

Soldato
I never actually knew they could change your password that's interesting. I have never had this happen to me before so if they do indeed detect suspicious activity on my account I hope they do the same for me cheers for posting this. It's like an auto detection system it seems?.

Pretty standard for a lot of things these days.

Soldato
Seems legit
EDIT - Setting up 2FA for uplay looks a right pain, have to download an app and all sorts of gubbins. Does everyone else bother to do this for uplay? I've done it for steam but that was very easy.

What's more a pain ? Losing your account due to a hack or having to install google authenticator ?

There's a lot of places (including this forum) that uses Google auth for 2FA so once you're installed you're good to go for better protection at many places

Associate
I have 2FA on everything that offers it, usually it either a text message to your phone or looking up a code on the Google 2FA app on your phone, takes literally seconds, worth it for the peace of mind.

Soldato
I had someone try and change my PW on uplay the other day, had to ring Ubi to lock that "poo" down. While it was sorted quick and clean, they didn't want to tell me where the iffy login attempts came form. They would only tell me it was clear it wasn't me

Soldato

Using Google authenticator is no more difficult than using text messages. Admittedly you need a smart phone but it is a lot less hassle than losing your account and everything you have purchased.

:)

Soldato
Cheers folks. Did some careful digging and it was legit. Have had this happen to my steam account before so looks like some ****** was trying to do something naughty. Will look at setting up 2FA for uplay now...

2FA is done on apps for a huge part of the security market. You seem surprised by this?

Associate
I have also receved this email several times now saying someone has tried to log in from several places.
Number one, I wasn't aware that I had opened an account with ubisoft and two, when I clicked on the link to sign in with a password that I would have used, I got told that it as an incorrect password or email account

Associate
Sorry to revive this, I have been getting the same e-mails just as the Div 2 Beta started. No diea why as I am using 2FA. The IPs they state are all over the world.

Anyone has same issue? Did you sort it out by changing password?

Associate
H
Sorry to revive this, I have been getting the same e-mails just as the Div 2 Beta started. No diea why as I am using 2FA. The IPs they state are all over the world.

Anyone has same issue? Did you sort it out by changing password?

I had the same a few days back. Changed my password and all has been well since

Soldato

It's pretty easy using the Google authenticator. Download the app, take a picture of the Q-code, job done. The menus and settings in the Ubisoft account stuff is more hassle than the 2FA stuff.

Associate
If you mobile is never far from hand I'd say it's worth the agro as both my Origin and Uplay accounts were hacked in the last 6 months.

Uplay sent me an email similar to yours after someone tried logging in South Korea and I only needed a password change.

The Origin account I had to ring customer services and verify my ID as some little scrote in London had added a security question that I obviously didn't know the answer to and couldn't change the new email address etc back.

Back
Top Bottom