LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
the biggest problem with LG is the unfriendly and incapable service
The devices are great as long as they work, but as soon problems occur you are lost.
Excample: my LG 32 UD99-W has been sent for repairing - didn´t hear anything form LG like status etc. Other Friends of mine got a scratched or damaged device back - this is a case for the germanconsumer protection
My experiences with Dell or Acer were extremely good.
So as a result I will never buy a monitor or a TV from LG again.
I am also thinking about selling the UD99 AND the 34GK 950G again and buy me two other ones, just because of this bad way, customers are treated here in germany.

Soldato
So as a result I will never buy a ... TV from LG again.

But...but...but...OLED! How could you deny yourself access to this perfect, wondrous technology that causes birds to fall from the trees when they witness its pure, absolute blacks? As soon as this technology was created, all other TVs instantly became utterly pointless and so painful to view that you might as well be blind!

The devices are great as long as they work, but as soon problems occur you are lost.
Excample: my LG 32 UD99-W has been sent for repairing - didn´t hear anything form LG like status etc. Other Friends of mine got a scratched or damaged device back - this is a case for the germanconsumer protection
I am also thinking about selling the UD99 AND the 34GK 950G again and buy me two other ones, just because of this bad way, customers are treated here in germany.

That is concerning to hear.

A good warranty and after sales support is important as monitors are a bit hit or miss at the best of times for things like dead pixels, light bleed and other inconsistencies across the panel.
But especially important if you banging down over a grand, you will want your monitor to be flawless, and if it's not to be put right.

Associate

Imo its not really an issue with a TV as when I bought my OLED I received 6 years free warranty directly with the shop I purchased it from.

I can understand with a monitor though as you don't usually get the same sort of warranty even though you can be nearly paying as much as an oled in this case.

Caporegime
I am not talking about OLED, i was just telling about experience with pc monitors folks and i have made

Fortunately we have an LG rep on here to help us out occasionally, UK only though (he can't help with other regions or put you in touch with the german one, been asked about others before).

Associate
Is there anywhere to buy one of the F variants of this monitor? My ROG Swift has developed a fault out of warranty and i got fobbed off by Asus.

This monitor fits all my criteria but can't seem to find it.

Caporegime
Having used the X34P and AW (for a short time) I'd say that the LG offers enough to be worth the wait :)

I run it in sRGB mode all the time now and it's pretty damn fantastic!

Soldato
Having used the X34P and AW (for a short time) I'd say that the LG offers enough to be worth the wait :)

Can you describe the difference? I'm using the AW and it's the first IPS I've actually been impressed with. If the LG is just 'better colours', then I'm happy with the colours I've got on the AW already. Certainly happy enough that I'm not going to fork out an additional £400 for a Gsync LG whenever it comes in stock.

Caporegime
Can you describe the difference?

For me it's 3 main advantages;

1 - Colours just do pop, with the additional bonus of (albeit basic) HDR (which is nice to have, I like it on a couple of games). I run mine in the sRGB mode tbh, it's lovely.

2 - It's Freesync *and* has the added advantage of working perfectly with nVidia's Freesync driver so you're not restricted which card you get in future (or indeed the present!).

3 - It's upgradable via firmware updates from LG, which they've already done by reducing the input lag noticably (which I'm already running), and it's done easily.

Not major major points, but enough there to sway me to the LG.

Back
Top Bottom