I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Soldato
did you get the prusa kit or prebuilt? theres a £200 difference.

I would recommend getting the kit. Apart from the fact that it's a lot cheaper, you learn an awful lot about how the printer works and is set up by doing it this way, and if you want to tweak or ever have any problems to solve then you're in a much better place to understand what's happening.

Pet Northerner
Don
So I always struggled with my Ender 3, really having trouble getting it anywhere near reliable, and I never really got there honestly. I printed and made so many mods for it, and replaced so many bits. Filament guides, different levelling wheels, fitted a new extruder mechanism, replaced all the PTFE tubing and couplers, new cooling fan setups, two fans died, my bed was warped from the factory the list goes on. But I really loved 3d printing and decided to hang it out there and get a better printer - I got a Prusa MK3 a week or so before Christmas.

It is absolutely amazing! I've been printing PLA, PETG, ABS, ASA... I've had like.. two, maybe three failures? And they're all due to bed adhesion and were fixed with a brim of a couple of mm.

I'm honestly staggered by how good it is compared to my Ender. I think my Ender was a bit of a lemon, but I really did try with it. I'm going to keep going with it and try and sort out but the difference is night and day, I'm totally in love with this Prusa.

I'm trying my best with a geetech i3 prob atm. Some really infuriating problems currently. I'll fight through and at the same time save for a prusa Mk3, which I'll get after the summer.

Soldato
So is this the official ocuk 3d printer thread :)

I tend to frequent facebook groups but thought I would have a look and see what the PC building guys are doing.

I have a Zaribo I built from scratch in MK3 form that is my main printer and I have a CR-10 that I turned into a MK3 that I call Crearibo. Its on thingiverse if you want to check it just search crearibo.

Trying to find ways to incorporate my PC stuff with my 3D printing. So far I have designed a new case for my aging goldtouch numeric keypad.

IsWNmHal.jpg

Associate
So is this the official ocuk 3d printer thread :)

I tend to frequent facebook groups but thought I would have a look and see what the PC building guys are doing.

I have a Zaribo I built from scratch in MK3 form that is my main printer and I have a CR-10 that I turned into a MK3 that I call Crearibo. Its on thingiverse if you want to check it just search crearibo.

Trying to find ways to incorporate my PC stuff with my 3D printing. So far I have designed a new case for my aging goldtouch numeric keypad.

IsWNmHal.jpg

Welcome to the thread .

I really want to start designing my own stuff.

Associate
Cool you are in Suffolk so am I. Feels like no one in Norfolk or Suffolk has 3d printers.
I am, yeah. Been into 3d printing for a while as you can see from my signature \/ if it's showing, but basically I make YouTube videos, post in Instagram and Twitter etc as well as now selling filament.

I've used fusion360 and TinkerCAD just not found that thing I need to design.

J.

Soldato
If you can afford it then the prusa mk3s is a very reliable and easy to use starter printer. You also get a lot of great features for a reasonable price. Also the community is huge so there's a lot of support and modifications.

Associate
so, wife wants a 3d printer for making models etc, i will use it for making flight sim panels / boxes and character models, plus whatever the imagination drives :)

what would be best to get for quality etc (i know nothing about this stuff)

she is funding it and has 2k to spend (she wants to get best she can and not start small and buy again)

Associate
so, wife wants a 3d printer for making models etc, i will use it for making flight sim panels / boxes and character models, plus whatever the imagination drives :)

what would be best to get for quality etc (i know nothing about this stuff)

she is funding it and has 2k to spend (she wants to get best she can and not start small and buy again)

Firstly don't spend 2k on your first printer, it's not needed.

Second what's the size of parts you'll want to print?

My suggestion would be the artillery sidewinder x1 about £400 big build volume and prints PLA great. Requires minimal assembly, has a growing community and a manufacturer who listens to feedback.

J.

Associate
asking her is magical haha , about 170mm high 200mm wide and long be nice, bigger is welcome, but quality is a must , (high for her char models ) and length / width for my flight panels, she has a friend with a zortrax m200 plus. so roughly same sizes as that

Associate
asking her is magical haha , about 170mm high 200mm wide and long be nice, bigger is welcome, but quality is a must , (high for her char models ) and length / width for my flight panels, she has a friend with a zortrax m200 plus. so roughly same sizes as that

I'd do some research on what's about right now see what fits your budget and expectations.

M200 is a nice printer but build volume is small, enclosed spools will be a pain for 3rd party filament.

J.

Associate
I'd do some research on what's about right now see what fits your budget and expectations.

M200 is a nice printer but build volume is small, enclosed spools will be a pain for 3rd party filament.

J.

Thanks for the advice, So many reviews saying so many different things. As usual every company thinks its the best!

Just watched a few reviews on the one you suggested, Good prints at a fraction of the cost, Know anything about the Ender 5? Seems quite good too

CREALITY 3D Upgrade Auto Leveling CR-10S Pro Touch LCD V2.4.1 Motherboard Double Extrusion Resume Printing Filament Detection -- this one looks very good too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom