US: Tin Star

Soldato
Anyone else a fan of this? i've nearly finished season one and although it's not quite on a par with the better known tv shows it's certainly a decent watch which doesn't really tire and is quite binge worthy.

Season 2 is out now and i've heard good things...

Soldato
Started season 2 tonight...
It seems to be a show written by Aliens who've come to earth and think they know how humans behave.

similarly, I'm now 1.5 episodes into S2, it no longer seems founded in reality compared to season 1, and is trying to outdo Twin Peaks,
I had to check it is not written by David Lynch.

..... I stupidly re-newed a nowtv subscription for this .. I would not have guessed the 2nd half of walking walking dead was going to be better than tin star s2.

Caporegime
It's really quite mental.

I'm up to episode 4 and I can't tell if Tim Roth if still police chief still (What with shooting another police officer in the kneecap) or why he can drive in to churches etc with impunity. It's absolutely bizarre.

Soldato
seems to have picked up , now on episode 7 ...
but whats the deal with these children with precocious parts ... Roth's daughter's cast in the same mold as the son in The Strain,
you just want to see them get their desserts .. are all american children like this ? children protesting for climate change - lol

need to sign up for Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton, though, geat travalogue
https://www.atlasofwonders.com/2017/09/tin-star-filming-locations.html
edit : ... after the Overlook hotel

Last edited:
Soldato
just registered season 3 - in Liverpool , is now on sky tv ... first episode
it seems to have gone OTT with the violence, and, now, fantastical vengeance story line - full gangs of London gangland style, equalizer/killing eve.

I suppose the location is interesting for the usa audience, with uk being murder central, but it's no longer a travalogue

Back
Top Bottom