Factorio on steam

Man of Honour
want to play again after a few months off, however, i really can't be bothered with setting up the basic stuff, is there somewhere i can download a saved game or a mod, that starts with just the basics like iron, copper smelting lines, research hub and power.

Started the other night and took a fair while to get anywhere, only to discover that the map was utterly shocking with no resources and more alien nests than I have ever seen.

Soldato
There's a mod called 'Skip first hour' for exactly that... I have only just gotten back into it again after a few months off and on 0.15.x it doesn't work though seeing as a lot has changed... Should be fine on 0.13 or something though.

I would recommend just getting stuck in with no mods though, like I say a lot has changed so you don't want to miss out...
They've introduced more science packs and made the logistic robots much harder to get!

dal

dal

Associate
want to play again after a few months off, however, i really can't be bothered with setting up the basic stuff, is there somewhere i can download a saved game or a mod, that starts with just the basics like iron, copper smelting lines, research hub and power.

Started the other night and took a fair while to get anywhere, only to discover that the map was utterly shocking with no resources and more alien nests than I have ever seen.
There must be some resources, are you playing on ultra difficult or something, normally you get don't even see any aliens when you first start. Can you post a screenshot I'd like to see it.

Associate
I'd stopped playing as I was getting 15/20 fps in my belt-driven megafactory. 0.16 has made belt logic 5x faster and I'm back to 60fps. I was aiming for a 1 rocket-per-minute factory but with 0.16 it turns out I'm overachieving- currently one rocket every 33 secs :)

Soldato
Saw that a few times, will definitely keep an eye out for it. Not expecting it to compare and replace factorio in my regular game collection, but hoping it will be something else to play. Its got potential if the devs get it right.

Soldato
Haha. Such a problem to have :D First hour or so of the game before any automation is a little dull mind!

I've jumped into a MP game with some friends, we don't see eye to eye on how to approach things though. They'd planned and built the beginings of a 24+ lane main bus before even having Green Science running, absolutely madness imo!
I'll have a single player game going at some point though, I'll be running with a map full of islands and cliffs, house rule avoiding rebuilding and replacing old factories, no main bus, lots of spaghetti, super compact and bots only for play logistics. Will squeeze trains into small gaps to make them more deadly to anyone moving around too. Just the way I like it :D

Soldato
Haven’t played for a long time, years maybe. Oxygen Not Included is scratching the itch at the moment, though I’ll be back.

The new GUI and content looks great.

Back
Top Bottom