• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Soldato
Steve @ Gamers Nenus is planning to have the part 2 up in the next day or so with the alphacool chop job. Should give an idea of what you can expect.

VHM58HS.jpg
The vega block looks like this, its the one i currently use. The layout is quite different.
I ask because the die size is very similar and nexus only cooled the die and it made me think that this block would be even better if the vrms fit somehow

Soldato
Any one tried afterburner yet? any results Shankly?
I tried it and it would repeatedly auto alt tab dx12 games to the desktop XD
But in other games it works
I had a weird issue with the new driver 19.2.3 or whatever it is, after gaming for a while it would down clock the memory to 800 and then the clock speeds would become erratic think I might roll back to 19.2.2
Anyone else had issues?

Man of Honour
I thought it was Micron or Samsung ?

I think it can actually only be Samsung or hynix at this point, if you look at product pages Samsung clearly have 4gb hbm stacks, micron as far as I can see don't produce hbm2 in the right configuration so it can't be micron memory. The jury is still out on if hynix make 4gb stacks, there is no mention on there site but they do show a picture of a 4gb and 8gb stack.

Man of Honour
I thought it was Micron or Samsung ?

I think it can actually only be Samsung or hynix at this point, if you look at product pages Samsung clearly have 4gb hbm stacks, micron as far as I can see don't produce hbm2 in the right configuration so it can't be micron memory. The jury is still out on if hynix make 4gb stacks, there is no mention on there site but they do show a picture of a 4gb and 8gb stack.

Edit: Wow lose signal on the train and it's a triple post. Will sort later.

Man of Honour
Mine says Hynix to, so either GPZ reports wrong or we all got hynix;)

I'll pull the bios of mine at the weekend and should be able to tell by looking at it. I do think that perhaps they are all hynix, it kinda makes sense as hbm was dual developed between Hynix and AMD so hynix might even be as good as the Samsung at this point. There certainly isn't really any difference between samsung/hynix on the Vega 56/64 both top out around 1150.

Associate
I'll pull the bios of mine at the weekend and should be able to tell by looking at it. I do think that perhaps they are all hynix, it kinda makes sense as hbm was dual developed between Hynix and AMD so hynix might even be as good as the Samsung at this point. There certainly isn't really any difference between samsung/hynix on the Vega 56/64 both top out around 1150.

I think your right, the Hynix chips would have been good as these were meant to be workstation based chips to start with. will be interesting to see what you find from pulling the bios.

Back
Top Bottom