Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Associate
I know the feeling.. promised my partner one when I got my bonus and she only wanted slate grey and wanted it asap.. JL didn't have stock so got the apple store to price match

Associate
Damn. At the time when I looked JL didn't have the 64GB at the same price as Amazon. Clearly they do now. Cheers for the heads up. I'll see how this plays out.

Seems a no brainier for a 3 year warranty.

As for the chap asking about size, I upgraded from a 10.5 to a 12.9, would not go back now. Way better for reading and watching videos. I don’t know why people say they aren’t portable. Carried mine no bother in a rucksack with my work laptop, didn’t notice any difference and it hardly took up any more room, and it fit on the tray of the train seat fine. Mines not even the gen3 which is an even nicer size.

Once I get home the added size is also appreciated, I don’t feel short changed if I have to watch on the iPad instead of the TV. My GF still has her 10.5 and it looks tiny, but its still too big to use one handed unlike a phone so I’d rather have the 12.9 any day.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazon have already sent out a replacement looking at the order tracking. Should arrive tomorrow and I'm suddenly nervous.

Edit: Not entirely sure how but it arrived this morning and is in pretty much pristine condition. I noticed what looked like tiny adhesive globules in the bottom left corner between the screen and chassis. Quick wipe sorted that out.

Not too impressed by FaceID, seems very finicky to get right. Still setting it up along with my fathers iPad (old Air 1) so early days.

It is a monsta!
https://i.imgur.com/agfrIC4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just purchased a 12.9 Pro 2018 from JL , interest free and 3 years warranty , happy days .

It’s hard to describe but coming from a Gen 1 pro this things is miles better .

Face ID makes things so easy . Switching between apps is awesome , might upgrade my I phone now .

Soldato
I found a number for them, but I can't be sure it's not a Guernsey number so I'll keep looking for another one so you don't risk getting charged international rates.

Soldato
If only there were a way to tell at a glance if a number was UK or Guernsey. Ahh well.

Nevermind, I managed to find a different number that looks like a UK one ;)

Cc64oxk.png

Man of Honour
Downloaded an IDE for compiling and running C# code yesterday. I've had text editors before on there but it's not the same, writing single file code and just scripts, with this though you can create entire solutions with multiple projects.

Supports Xamarin too so have ported a couple of app prototypes over, and it's brilliant to be able to make changes and run them. Also works with F#

Absolute game changer for me and how I use the iPad Pro

It's called Continuous if any one is interested, uses Roslyn but supports everything in C# up to C#7 and with changes for C#8 being worked on

Soldato
So got my iPad 11".
I was so close to getting the 12.9", but truthfully, it would not have served my purpose of having a portable device, the 12.9" would have been a bit too cumbersome for me.
Thats not to say the 12.9" is bad, in another life (if I was more "artistic") I would definitely go with the 12.9".... who knows... one day :)

In the meantime folks, I was wondering what you were all using to play videos (i.e. which one supports the widest range of codecs... I previously used AV Player HD but wasnt always good....)

Incidentally coming back to the files dilemna that I had, ironically OneDrive app was also limited since if I synced offline, and made alterations to files offline, they would not save..... (e.g. moving, deleting etc).
However Documents by Readdle gets around this problem - ironically a 3rd party allows manipulation of files where the core provides app (Microsoft/OneDrive) does not...

Back
Top Bottom