*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Yep I'm losing out here on around 10 Mbps (+/-)

y4mFCjDXKAbgUniqZ82M7XdnrGlDY3JM6NaypWRCucvWXE4EfEAkydaX2w8zQBfrb699TAvHiBbUvpB7ncTSY1yF7LBXKo7JR7RKJZqL0IT1pzZiJDRIdhf7dkACQr6WVKe7FyoJZq4R62QPrimRHc_54RUBo90RVLsOSX_TV5xZ2cXFrnkcLp0gXCIlNZZjUGoyIxEyvSWybMYAZ_c8AO2pw

y4m5fVhE2kRK34ULpGGRZ5iDNl7sYtp6VABdjune_eX9y59UC0uQ8R3Qfbsj5m9NpcuTKZfSMVjaxlcELjKOMVTQIV2jJVM-1YSTeaFMFfLZHy3ifMGyzW-mXYYrKZVN4mknc5DD5C7PEZQFp5n6GIFaeFTW90gZSIAY2D-k3ic3VqI7Z_lIFbTTKJxgK1D2MNDaHnO_ouHof1oTYMXyMxicg

8061443080.png

Now the fun begins ;)

It's now with Unifi Level 2 techs and I have a thread here

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi...Gateway-3P-Version-4-4-36/m-p/2689730#M135056

I had this response from Level2 Tech

“Please note that ~10 Mbps is an expected drop in performance due to NAT and Firewall especially in enterprise routers.”

I call “bullmuck”!

Cheers

HEADRAT

Looking at your stats on the UBNT forums, It shows that you are on a 3db line which also means you will be Re-transmit high. This takes the throughput percentage from 96% down to around 91-92%.

With Retx high on you will be looking at a throughput of around 66.5Mbps

You'll need to limit your line rate to reduce errors on it for DLM to remove the RETx high. I limited my line to 50Mbps and DLM put me back on Retx low after 3 days.

Associate
Just moved from Linksys to an edge router lite, with latest firmware 1.10.8, all good so far mind I am struggling to find an up to date
method of enabling ipv6 for my Zen internet.

Looks like it is not something that can be set up from the gui and has to be achieved via CLI. Anyone have a simple guide I can use for ipv6 and the relevant firewall.

Many thanks.

Soldato
Someone at LG can't spell 'Mozilla' and IPS on my USG isn't too happy about it. I'm getting this alert every day:

Rt0aV9u.jpg

At some point I'll do a packet capture to see what the TV is actually trying to do.

Soldato
The UniFi US-8-60W is the best switch to get for 2 AC-LR AP's.
I can see 2 versions - One at roughly £110
Ubiquiti UniFi Switch 8 Port :: US-8-60W
  • Ubiquiti Networks switch 8
  • Unifi. Switch Type: managed. Basic Switch RJ-45 Ethernet port type: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000). Network standards: IEEE 802.1X
  • IEEE 802.3af. Switching capacity: 16 Gbit/s
  • Flow rate: 11.9 Mpps. Colour: Grey
  • Indicators: activity
  • Liaison
  • PoE
The other at roughly £90
Ubiquiti US-8-60W UniFi 8 Port Switch

• Non-Blocking Throughput - 8-port models feature Gigabit Ethernet ports in a compact form factor. For its total, non-blocking throughput, each UniFi Switch supports up to 8 Gbps
  • Switching Capacity - forwarding capacity to simultaneously process traffic on all ports at line rate without any packet loss, with a switching capacity of 16 Gbps
  • 4 Auto-Sensing IEEE 802.3af PoE Ports
  • 8 Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 Ports
  • Seamless Integration. Robust Performance for Enterprise Networks

Soldato
Double check the part numbers, I expect the first one you posted is US-8 (as mentioned in the first bullet point) and the second is US-8-60W.

The US-8 can be PoE powered but it won't be able to power your 2 access points. It does have PoE passthrough so if the switch itself is powered by PoE then it should be able to provide PoE power on port 8.

It's the US-8-60W you need.

Soldato
Double check the part numbers, I expect the first one you posted is US-8 (as mentioned in the first bullet point) and the second is US-8-60W.

The US-8 can be PoE powered but it won't be able to power your 2 access points. It does have PoE passthrough so if the switch itself is powered by PoE then it should be able to provide PoE power on port 8.

It's the US-8-60W you need.
Thanks for the response, so this is the correct device model for 2 x UAP-AC_LR units

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ubiq...itch-8-port-managed-poe-switch-nw-00b-uq.html

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
The US-8 can be PoE powered but it won't be able to power your 2 access points.

This is an oversight on my part. I've a us-8-60w and a us-8, I thought toe us-8 was just passthrough, I can power it from one of the POE from me us-8-60w?

One uplinks from the other so if so, neat!

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Awesome. At the moment I'm powering 1x AC Lite, 1x tado (using poe to usb adaptor) and intend to power my sure catflap hub using the same as the tado leaving me with one POE port. I don't need another AP at the mo so will do that.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Soldato
Finally got round to ceiling mounting my UAP LR. I've followed the instructions and drilled a hole for the cable but I cannot get it to fit onto the plate. I've now got a hole in the ceiling but before I make it any bigger and possibly bugger things up has anyone had this problem ceiling mounting this unit? If so, how did you remedy it?

Soldato
Finally got round to ceiling mounting my UAP LR. I've followed the instructions and drilled a hole for the cable but I cannot get it to fit onto the plate. I've now got a hole in the ceiling but before I make it any bigger and possibly bugger things up has anyone had this problem ceiling mounting this unit? If so, how did you remedy it?
Does it fit on the plate when it’s not on the ceiling, with the cable in at the same time, maybe the bracket it’s bowed due to a screw being too tight

Soldato
From a company that has mounted pretty much every AP manufacturer under the sun, it's just a poor design. We don't install them a great deal, however sometimes my engineers find over tightening can sometimes help.

Associate

One thing that can make it a bit easier to mount is using 3mm plastic washers to hold the bracket off the surface.

Soldato
When you cut the hole did you use the supplied template? The hole doesn’t go in the middle of the AP, it’s offset. If you’ve done that, you should be fine assuming the ceiling is flat.

Yes I followed the template but it's still wrong, there are threads about it on the Ubiquiti forums. Sorted it now though, I got some heavy duty velcro and stuck it on so now it looks great. Hopefully it will not have to come down for a long time :)

Back
Top Bottom