Anyone own a Raijintek Thetis??

Soldato
OP
Yeah it just unscrewed.. it’s held on with motherboard mounts which I also removed.

The real reason I removed it, aside from the fact I don’t want any HDD’s showing... is because it was physically impossible to get the PSU cables in without unscrewing two of the screws holding it to the bottom of the case and temporarily leaning it as far towards the front as possible.

I’ve still only managed to get three of the screws back in cause it literally won’t sit quite flush because of the GPU.

It’s not going anywhere so it’s okay, but yeah I literally had zero room to play with.

/edit with regards to the temperatures, they are actually no worse than in the larger case.

When I’m gaming the CPU sits around 60 and the GPU around 75

Even tho I had 8 fans in the DS1 and the rad was in push-pull and I’ve gone down to just three fans... it still seems good.

Although the Raijintek fan is stuck on 100% speed all the time because I plugged it into the CPU header by accident and I don’t know how to slow it down haha

I’ll have a fan controller next week.

One of the reasons for wanting a new case in the first place was because the DS1 got hot under my desk because it didn’t have much room to breathe.

This one fits on top of my desk so it’s got a lot more room temp air to enjoy :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The back of the case is pretty disgraceful!!

https://imgur.com/gallery/e5Yn2Rm

I’ve managed to cram 2 HDDs and 2 SSDs in there tho so I shouldn’t complain haha

I have a 240GB NVMe, 500GB HDD, 750GB HDD, 500GB SSD and a 240GB SSD in there now so I am def okay for storage.

I’m going to black out the glass anyways because it’s bothering me.

Soldato
On the subject of the Thetis i suspect they may have just discontinued it as not only is stock all but non-existent in the UK but some retailers are listing it as discontinued.

I'm waiting for Amazon to confirm they've shipped one of the last two they had in stock (a black classic version), if it has been discontinued it seems a shame as (afaik) it was only released 4-5 years ago and IMO it's better than the closest equivalent in terms of layout, the Bitfenix Phenom/Colossus/Prodigy.

Paying £114 sucks but if it means i get one i guess it's a price worth paying.

Soldato
OP
My RGB fans just arrived too :)

Wondering if I should add them in so I have push pull instead of replacing the fans that are on the RAD now

Soldato
I bought mine from OCUK

Yea they still have stock of the windowed version, it's the black non-window version that seems to be getting listed as discontinued.

Maybe that's the only version they've discontinued but it seems more likely the whole line has been canned and it's just a matter of clearing stock, i would say people should get them while they can but knowing me I've probably got it wrong. :)

Soldato
OP
All my stuff has arrived :D I've got:

4x RGB fans
1x PCI slot RGB Fan controller
2x RGB RAM covers
1x 120mm double THICK rad
1x NZXT Kraken G12
1x roll of black sticky back vinyl to black out the rear window
1x craft knife to cut it to size lol

Gonna be a fun night :D

Soldato
OP
Okay so I was really not happy with the temperatures. I was getting like 84c on my GPU and 70c+ on my cpu.

I’ve crammed 3 more fans in so the small rad is push pull exhaust and the double rad at the top is half push pull and half pull push lol

The temps are now 61c on GPU and 64c on the CPU.

Fan noise is worse but temps are much better :)

Associate
Having wild ideas of getting this case and using a double tower air cooler in it. Seen other folks doing it, just looks like such a stupid idea which makes it more appealing :/.

Nice build there Guru, thanks for doing so many pictures :).

I have a question about the top mesh, can you actually remove that while your fans and radiator are installed up there for dust cleaning?

Soldato
OP
Having wild ideas of getting this case and using a double tower air cooler in it. Seen other folks doing it, just looks like such a stupid idea which makes it more appealing :/.

Nice build there Guru, thanks for doing so many pictures :).

I have a question about the top mesh, can you actually remove that while your fans and radiator are installed up there for dust cleaning?

Cheers :)

Yes you can, there are tabs you can press under the lip of it to pop it out.if you use the offset bracket for the rad you can reach it :)

I took it out and cut the dust filter in half after I fitted the rad.

Soldato
I can understand why you struggled with temps as now I've had the case a few weeks (not built in it yet) one thing that really stuck out was the awful ventilation, i love the design but it's almost like Raijintek went out of their way to make the fan intake/exhausts as restrictive as possible.

So far I've cutout the rear fan grill and extended it into a round hole as the default grill doesn't extend to the edges of a 120mm fan, I've cutout the bottom grill for the same reason and enlarged it to take a 140mm fan, and I've replaced the dust filter on top with a less restrictive mesh while sealing the gaps around the edges of the two 120m fans so they're less likely to recirculate the warm air inside the case.

Associate
I can understand why you struggled with temps as now I've had the case a few weeks (not built in it yet) one thing that really stuck out was the awful ventilation, i love the design but it's almost like Raijintek went out of their way to make the fan intake/exhausts as restrictive as possible.

So far I've cutout the rear fan grill and extended it into a round hole as the default grill doesn't extend to the edges of a 120mm fan, I've cutout the bottom grill for the same reason and enlarged it to take a 140mm fan, and I've replaced the dust filter on top with a less restrictive mesh while sealing the gaps around the edges of the two 120m fans so they're less likely to recirculate the warm air inside the case.

This definitely requires pics! ;D

Back
Top Bottom