Racism or not?

Soldato
I think it's unfair to paint her as part of the "Instagram generation". She's actually done a lot of interesting, hard-hitting investigative shows and comes across as very intelligent and caring. I certainly wouldn't lump her in with your average "TV presenter".

Jan Moir? She still has a job? Oh wait... DM.. :o
I quite like her "my home town " documentary quite the eye opener !

Associate
But it's a scientifically proven fact that blacks, Indians, Arabs and Asians are all incapable of being racist ;)
Yea... kind of why Islam was invented - had to give the middle east something to be proud of. Other than inventing the wheel, long after ingenuity of building the pyramids in Africa and the Americas, then blaming white people for inventing slavery thousands of years before white people were enslaved, even when there were no white people in the Americas for ages. But you know, American Indians and black Africans now deserve compensation.
Yet, racism....
society is going to the dogs nowadays.

Soldato
Realistically the more widespread racism (in the traditional definition of the word) we saw 20-30+ years ago against non-white minorites is largely gone as our society is now vastly more diverse and multicultural.

The "Racism" that exists now seems mostly about virtue signalling, political power play, slandering opponents and shouting down anyone who tries to criticize your religion or cultural beliefs.

Associate
Realistically the more widespread racism (in the traditional definition of the word) we saw 20-30+ years ago against non-white minorites is largely gone as our society is now vastly more diverse and multicultural.

The "Racism" that exists now seems mostly about virtue signalling, political power play, slandering opponents and shouting down anyone who tries to criticize your religion or cultural beliefs.
I feel the same way as you with this but it seems "ethnic minorities" are getting jobs before experience (of white experienced people).
Which I feel due to political reasons is dividing racial tensions.
For me as a white person, and among other white people, we don't really see "skin colour", it is the media and politicians who are shoving this stuff down our throats, as if Asians and Afro blacks are hard done by ( -- what about the many, many white working-class white people that the middle and rich classes are dismissing as slackers, just so that they can import cheap labour from abroad?).
*Shrug* - no comment?!
Doesn't suit the narrative of apparent racism etc, hu. Total BS.
I've lived in very multi cultural areas (more or less) all my life, and now I'm 38 - I've got the life experience hands down, our politicians are utter farce.

Caporegime
I think the biggest racism on display here is people like Lammy who can't see past a white woman and a black child and then interperate it as some public display of white superiority over black people, instead of just seeing a BBC presenter doing charitable work in impoverished parts of Africa like any normal person who is indifferent to racial differences would.

If Dooley had been a black woman or the child had been white we would not be having this conversation and that's the problem really, the modern left see nothing but skin colour and other racial differences in everything they look at and then cause tensions by kicking up a fuss about a perceived white on black racism at every opportunity.

Last edited:
Associate
I think the biggest racism on display here is people like Lammy who...
To be fair.
There is no racism here.
Its a load of balls.

Real, actual racism is a person causing physical nuisance to another person just because of their different skin colour, nothing more nothing less.
Mental nuisance? get a grip.

Freedom of speech is exactly 100% what our grandparents fought for in WW2, not for the anyone's weak mental state.

And yet these days the "racist" definition of the word represents: anything which states negative of another persons race -- literally a white person condoning either black or Asian people.
And yet when Asian or black people are racist to white people - NOTHING happens to those racist "minorities".

Tommy Robinson raises awareness of Islam, not a person or group of people, but a religion.
Strange that. Pre-2000ish no one could care about anyone's religion.
And yet now? condone Islam? - hatred!

Soldato
To be fair.
There is no racism here.
Its a load of balls.

Real, actual racism is a person causing physical nuisance to another person just because of their different skin colour, nothing more nothing less.
Mental nuisance? get a grip.

Freedom of speech is exactly 100% what our grandparents fought for in WW2, not for the anyone's weak mental state.

And yet these days the "racist" definition of the word represents: anything which states negative of another persons race -- literally a white person condoning either black or Asian people.
And yet when Asian or black people are racist to white people - NOTHING happens to those racist "minorities".

Tommy Robinson raises awareness of Islam, not a person or group of people, but a religion.
Strange that. Pre-2000ish no one could care about anyone's religion.
And yet now? condone Islam? - hatred!

Pre 9\11 really.

The problem was there but it wasn't being locked up by the media

Soldato
But it's a scientifically proven fact that blacks, Indians, Arabs and Asians are all incapable of being racist ;)
You’ve clearly never been out for a few drinks in a group that features Brits of both Afro-Caribbean and Indian heritage.

The “banter” between them would get a caucasian arrested and/stabbed if it came out of their mouths.

Soldato
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Updated for the modern age :-

"If someone on Twitter makes a seemingly racist comment, but they're not white, can you still accuse them of racism...? "

I think it often helps to flip the argument around as others have said. If a white man said that about a black female TV personality doing charity work in another country how would that be perceived? As other have said I think it's very likely they'd be sacked on the spot and more than likely be taken to court.

Also , and I hate to muddy the waters by bringing gender into the argument, but in terms of media coverage the reason Stacey is getting so much support is purely because she's female. Had the person in her position been male this racist comment would probably have been ignored completely by the media....because it's OK to make racist derogatory remarks about white men....right....that's freedom of speech isn't it....?

Last edited:
Soldato
I am sorry but I agree with you.

There is one group that gets abused by society as a whole with no repercussion ever.

Caporegime
To be fair.
There is no racism here.
Its a load of balls.

You mean like this Lammy guy smearing the reputation of a TV presenter in nationwide media for the crime of helping poor African children just because she happens to be white? it's not just physical it's any situation where you treat people differently/persecute people due to their race, whatever happened to equality? a white person tries to help starving black children = racist, a better qualified white person loses a job to a black person due to 'positive discrimination' = not racist at all even though race was the primary factor in the decision. The world has gone mad and everything has been turned upside down.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I am sorry but I agree with you.

There is one group that gets abused by society as a whole with no repercussion ever.
I'm now making a point of highlighting discrimination against men wherever I see it. I get laughed at quite a bit, especially at work (where every other email and poster is promoting womens groups, reminding us to try to strongly consider women candidates for promotion and even offering cash incentives for recommending women only applicants on our graduate scheme - no cash incentives for recommending male candidate).

But once you realise it's there you see just how widespread it is. Apparently white boys are doing progressively worse than any other demographic at school. Where are the programmes to understand why that's happening and redress the balance in the same way that we used to have calls to address imbalance of girls and minority groups in the past?

Racism is racism and sexism is sexism, whichever demographic is on the receiving end and it must be stamped out.

Caporegime
But once you realise it's there you see just how widespread it is. Apparently white boys are doing progressively worse than any other demographic at school.

That’s okay though as it’s just karma for all the years white men had it good.

In reality, white males outside of the higher class, in particular the working class have never had it good. Leaving school barely educated and having your whole future set in stone down a mine may have given you a life and a slither of value but it certainly wasn’t “good”.

Soldato
Racism won't end until people stop seeing or caring about pointing out the differences, and that;s from both sides. Mr Lammy is a racist as any by making a deal of this.
Celebrities unfortunately people take notice of and look up, hence why for example an ex-footballer come celebrity is used to advertise crisps. While it may not seem right, it's about getting the donations in and celebrities can help do that. White or black celebrities? Only a racist cares about that :D.

Back
Top Bottom