Associate
So for dual motherboards do you have to go for Revolt X PSU or is there an alternative solution?

Was looking at this myself but not seen many people doing dual system builds. Can't find any reviews but looks like the Revolt X should be a good PSU in it's own right. Made by Seasonic, Platinum rated, 135mm FDB fan with hybrid passive mode and 12 year warranty.

Looking at the P600s anyhow so if I get the Revolt X 1000W will have option of going dual system as a future upgrade. Not sure what i'd use the ITX for; possibly as a NAS setup / secondary system while gaming on main. Always fancied doing some kind of ITX build.

Soldato
Can someone answer whether you can remove the glass side panel without having to open it fully 90 degrees (as it states in the manual)?

I would have this sitting on my desk with about 10 inches of clearance between it and my monitor, giving about a 20-30 degree arc of movement, so it would be a right pain to have to unplug everything and take the PC off my desk for de-dusting the interior and cleaning the glass, which I do on a weekly basis with my current Corsair 450D and its slide off side panel.

Really like the look of this case but I will skip for something else if the above would be a problem.

Associate
@Cooper If your talking about the P600S, i just tried and managed to get it off around 40-45 degrees with a bit of effort.. the only trouble is if you did this often i think you would damage the rubber seal that is on the inside of the glass as it catches at those angles

my case is about the same distance from my monitor too but i find it easy enough to unplug the monitor and move it if i need the extra room... depends on your setup though

Soldato
@Cooper If your talking about the P600S, i just tried and managed to get it off around 40-45 degrees with a bit of effort.. the only trouble is if you did this often i think you would damage the rubber seal that is on the inside of the glass as it catches at those angles

my case is about the same distance from my monitor too but i find it easy enough to unplug the monitor and move it if i need the extra room... depends on your setup though

Thanks for that, I suspected that it would be the case but wanted to confirm it, Too much hassle for cleaning, looks like it will have to be something else.:(

Soldato
I just got done swapping my system into an Evolv X and man, I couldn't really be happier. I've never worked with a case where it's so easy to make a clean build. I was coming from a Define R4, which whilst a nice case overall, was poky and cramped inside, especially in terms of cable management, where I often ended up desperately shoving to get the side panel back on. The difference with this routing the exact same number of cables was amazing. Not only is there more space and the handy straps as standard, but the doors to hide everything are a fantastic idea. It's amazing how clean it all looks with them closed. Even up front it looks way better, with the PSU shroud and the routing in it for the graphics card cables. Not to mention the plastic sliding doors, which I'd heard some reviewers complain about, but I think are fantastic. They hold the cables in place so much better than rubber grommets, which is nice for making the 24-pin behave itself. And personally I find them much easier to work with too - the rubber grommets were always falling out in my Define R4 as I tried to get cables through them. No more ugly glossy plastic front door either.

I've been thinking of ditching the Define R4 for years, but there was always something that really bothered me about every case I considered. The Define R6 came closest, but I'm super glad I waited. I can honestly find absolutely nothing to fault about the Evolv X. I know perhaps airflow isn't the best, but it certainly wasn't with the Define R4 either and that was fine for my system. I'm also surprised that there's no perceptible increase in noise, given that this isn't marketed as a silent case. Using the stock fans, which are extremely quiet, but I plan to swap them out for something better soon. Not sure whether to get something that actually moves air like NF-A14s or ML140s, or something that looks nice like LL140s.

Associate
Such excite! :D

Evolv x arriving today, several months after drooling over release images and telling myself i don't need one. :D
It helps that my current case isn't fit for purpose.

Soldato
Just build my evolv x and installed my SSDs on the bottom side flat...however my case door seems to struggle closing - I can't seem to see anything causing this. I'm worried the scews (screw heads) holding the SSDs in place will cause an issue with the side panel :/

Associate
Just build my evolv x and installed my SSDs on the bottom side flat...however my case door seems to struggle closing - I can't seem to see anything causing this. I'm worried the scews (screw heads) holding the SSDs in place will cause an issue with the side panel :/
It is probably the cables of the ssds bending that are doing it. From what i have seen of reviews it is a common complaint, though i'm not quite there myself yet.

Associate
For anyone wondering about riser compatibility with the Phanteks riser bracket (plastic bit), none of the Lian Li risers work because the spacing of the holes on the pcb is different.

I have three cages and the bit of plastic that goes on one of the top holes.
If you are wanting to get rid of them I'll gladly pay the postage to take them off your hands?

Associate
Don’t force it as I have had 3 ssd broken due to this in the bottom tray

Back
Top Bottom