The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Elevenses. Time for a cup of coffee and a slice of my homemade pear almond tart.

20190302-104519.jpg

20190302-104536.jpg

20190302-105251.jpg

Soldato
That tart looks great. Good job! :)

pyDZZX.jpg

Late breakfast/brunch at Scran yet again for their weekend special. Dirty Macca, which is truffle macaroni cheese with maple glazed ham hock, black pudding crumb and a garlic & herb pretzel bun. Was so good! The portion was bigger than I expected it to be though. Ended up being so full that I didn't go anywhere for lunch.

Soldato
Made bagels for the first time this weekend, didn't necessarily all turn up great shape wise (I like a prominent hole in mine) but the taste and texture seems pretty good; had one with bacon, egg and cheese, A+

55zCV5c.jpg

Soldato
Can't get over the fact that people will pay £20+ for Domino's pizza.

Wow.

You make it sound like he's got a single pizza for £20 though. If you assume £4 for the side then he's at £8 per pizza which probably isn't much different to an independent place.

@Craig1981 That last pic from Scran looks ace. Is it just a Glasgow place or is it a chain? I've never heard of it except from you.

Soldato
Pretty sure its just an Independent place. Its quite small, they only have 4 tables and a few window seats. Their always busy though cause their food is really good. They only opened late last year. The people that run it are really nice. The last couple of times I didn't even need to order, they knew I wanted the special and a diet coke the second I walked in the door. They do a takeaway menu as well. I hope they eventually move to a bigger location.

cCcfS9.jpg

This is it. The window seats are behind where I was sitting. It was actually quiet when I got there and took this, but by the time I left all the tables were full and 2 people immediately took the table I vacated.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks lush perfect timing Im off to Copenhagen in a few weeks any other places you recommend?

Where that Warpigs is, is called the Meat Packing District. It's a huge square filled with bars/restaurants.

Not sure if it'll be open (it wasn't when i was there), but there's a place called Refshaloen (sp) thats an industrial area that does loads of street food. However whilst the street food places were closed there's a place called Broaden & Build. It's a brewery part of a really upmarket restaurant and had decent beer and also a big open industrial kitchen with michelin level chefs doing small plates. It only opened around 5 weeks ago.

https://broadenbuildcph.com/

Food wise, we had burgers at a place called Hot Buns which was good. But i believe that there's a place regarded even more highly called Jagger. We couldn't find it that night but managed to wander past it a few days later. It's in the middle of the shopping area.

Beer wise there's also a place called the Taphouse which had an insane selection of beers. I think around 60 taps.

I was also told about a Sour Beer bar (i think in the Meat Packing District near Warpigs) but couldn't find it.

We also went to a place called Hidden Dimsum which had great good. Was fairly quiet though (we ate around 4pm) so not sure what it's like at busier times. Otherwise there's a big street called Nyhavn which is alongside the water and has

Copenhagen is amazing though. I mentioned in another thread that it's the one European city i've visited where i could genuinely see myself living there. This may have been helped by some unusually lovely weather.

Where abouts are you staying?

Soldato
Where that Warpigs is, is called the Meat Packing District. It's a huge square filled with bars/restaurants.

Not sure if it'll be open (it wasn't when i was there), but there's a place called Refshaloen (sp) thats an industrial area that does loads of street food. However whilst the street food places were closed there's a place called Broaden & Build. It's a brewery part of a really upmarket restaurant and had decent beer and also a big open industrial kitchen with michelin level chefs doing small plates. It only opened around 5 weeks ago.

https://broadenbuildcph.com/

Food wise, we had burgers at a place called Hot Buns which was good. But i believe that there's a place regarded even more highly called Jagger. We couldn't find it that night but managed to wander past it a few days later. It's in the middle of the shopping area.

Beer wise there's also a place called the Taphouse which had an insane selection of beers. I think around 60 taps.

I was also told about a Sour Beer bar (i think in the Meat Packing District near Warpigs) but couldn't find it.

We also went to a place called Hidden Dimsum which had great good. Was fairly quiet though (we ate around 4pm) so not sure what it's like at busier times. Otherwise there's a big street called Nyhavn which is alongside the water and has

Copenhagen is amazing though. I mentioned in another thread that it's the one European city i've visited where i could genuinely see myself living there. This may have been helped by some unusually lovely weather.

Where abouts are you staying?

Thanks im staying at the CitizenM Radhuspladsen so pretty central location.

Soldato
Following a Gemma Stafford recipe, I just made Churros for the first time along with a homemade hot chocolate sauce for dunking, made with dark chocolate, milk chocolate chips, milk and cornflour. Dusted with a sugar, salt and cinnamon mixture. Oh my word, so nice, and light as air. And I've got so much more batter to pipe, can probably get about another 15 or so Churros. So this is basically choux pastry. Might have to try making chocolate eclairs next . :cool:

20190305-203319.jpg

20190305-173409.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom