*****Virgin Australia Supercars Championship 2019*****

Soldato
OP
Righto - the nutters out in Aus have taken to the track in 40C weather(!) so here's the breakdown for Round 1:

Adelaide Superloop 500:
9Vfp2FU.jpg
Race Format: Superstreet
Length: 2 x 250km, 78 laps
2018 Winner: Shane Van Gisbergen
Qualifying Record: 1:19.2951 (Shane Van Gisbergen, 2017)
Lap Record (Race): 1:20.4210 (Scott McLaughlin, 2017)

Currently got Anton de Pasquale topping the time sheets after FP1.

Additionally two late changes: There is now a wall on the exit of turn 7 making a hard track limit as opposed to a painted line. Secondly when a late race safety car is called (8 laps/10mins) all lapped traffic has to move to the back of the queue via the pitlane.

Soldato
OP
Yeah rather unprofessional I'd say! The boy did a silly thing but at least save face in the camera and say something about the lighting (which was godawful!) or blame cold tyres/nerves.

I'd stay up for the shootout but it's not till 3am and the race at 6am! :eek:

Soldato
OP
Fairly uneventful race but that Mustang is looking very good in race action. Unlucky for Fabian with the jump start but a blinder by Scotty! Also crazy temperatures!

Lets see what tonight/tomorrow brings!

Soldato
Fairly uneventful race but that Mustang is looking very good in race action. Unlucky for Fabian with the jump start but a blinder by Scotty! Also crazy temperatures!

Lets see what tonight/tomorrow brings!

Yep, some good battles down the field though. Top 10 shootout for race 2 sprung some change up. Gonna get my butt on the sofa soon and watch.

Soldato
Watched.

dominance from the mustangs, the sc caused chaos. Poor from tickford and the usual awful driving/decision making by rick Kelly.

Great drive by frostie, hopefully the commodores will catch up a bit next round otherwise could be a very easy season for mclaughlin as coulthard just has too many mistakes in him to keep up.

That Jones crash from yesterday was horrific. Fair play to get him out today.

Soldato
OP
Complete chaos in the pits. I imagine there's gonna be a lot of penalties handed out for that by the next race meeting. The Mustangs do look superbly well planted in corners too! Others seem to think the Holdens are being held back by the spring changes and it's disturbed their performance. The other ZB's have dropped off as well so it seems plausible.

Soldato
Disappointing to hear they're going to trial pitlane closure during SC at Philip Island. Will ruin the strategy game in many a race and potential for fun with late cars and fresh tyres. Position will be king!

Soldato
I didn't really see much of Race 2, I tried to stay up for it but kept falling asleep.

I've just seen the pit incident and would have to say that it was mainly on Kelly IMO. Why did he keep his foot on the gas when Mostert was already out in the lane and they were making contact? Mostert was released when Kelly was wayyyy back in the lane. Absolute clown.

Roland Dane is already complaining about the Mustangs. I don't remember him commenting when his Commodores dominated the first round last year.

I don't think we need to use spoiler tags here either chaps, I think it's fair to assume that this thread will contain race spoilers :)

Soldato
I didn't really see much of Race 2, I tried to stay up for it but kept falling asleep.

I've just seen the pit incident and would have to say that it was mainly on Kelly IMO. Why did he keep his foot on the gas when Mostert was already out in the lane and they were making contact? Mostert was released when Kelly was wayyyy back in the lane. Absolute clown.

Roland Dane is already complaining about the Mustangs. I don't remember him commenting when his Commodores dominated the first round last year.

I don't think we need to use spoiler tags here either chaps, I think it's fair to assume that this thread will contain race spoilers :)

Because RK is a DH....

Yep, end of the day last year they homologated composites and forced everyone else to, so fair game, will be this way with the staggered intro of new cars. Seems to be the single spring is the biggest complaint for the Holdens, but I suspect that impact will be lessened on non street based circuits. Also It's not like they didn't get a couple of podiums, just McLaughlin seemed to have it nailed all weekend!

Soldato
OP
BEAUREPAIRES MELBOURNE 400:
Aaaand after a quick 2 weeks we're back! This time playing second (or maybe even third) fiddle to the F1 circus so this counts for 4 rounds this weekend!
UxUrIqx.jpg

Race Format: International Supersprint
Length: 2 x 130km (25 laps with mandatory stop) , 2 x 70km (13 laps)
2018 Winner: Jamie Whincup (Overall)
Qualifying Record: 1:54.6016 - Scott McLaughlin
Race Record: <No Data?>

Lets see if the Mustang can tear up Melbourne or if 888 have worked out their spring settings yet!

Soldato
OP
Yep!

Also urgent reminder: You have until the start of qualifying for each race to lock in your choices for the tipping game! Sadly for the next 2 races we have to guess entirely blindly! Gogogo! :D

Back
Top Bottom