Things to do in York

Associate
I’m going for a long weekend in York the last weekend of the month any recommendations?

I’ve seen the cat walk and a lot of confectionary related things to do, that take my fancy.

Soldato
The Jorvik Centre is worth a look. If it's a nice day, walk the city wall. The cocktail bar in the Principal Hotel is nice as well, albeit expensive.

Pez

Pez

Soldato
The Jorvik Centre is worth a look. If it's a nice day, walk the city wall. The cocktail bar in the Principal Hotel is nice as well, albeit expensive.

Book in advance, it's usually rammed!

Best part of York for me is walking the city walks and then retiring to a nice little pub for a bit of grub, a few pints and a good book!

Soldato
York Minster (check out the bosses on the ceiling in a mirrored trolley)
Jorvik Viking Centre
Cliffords Tower

Soldato
Jorvik is great, definitely go. We also went to the York Dungeons when we were there, which was good fun.

York for us was a great city because you don't have to plan to do anything. You can walk around and explore for hours at a time.

Associate
Chocolate Story, as someone who lives in York I tend not to pay that much attention to the touristy stuff, but I was impressed when I went last month.
Railway museum, meh, I'm not that interested in trains but is is free and good if you like that kind of thing.
Minster, amazing inside and out. If the weather is half decent a walk round the walls gets you some good views of the city and is free!
Art Gallery is pretty good (again, if that's your kind of thing). Yorkshire air museum is good as well, but that's just outside York.

What kind of food do you like, there are loads of nice places to eat in York.

Dave

Soldato
Only thing really to do is go round the lovely pubs the city has to offer!

Walk around the city walls and shoot a Scotsman with a crossbow whilst you're at it.

Head to the fudge kitchen...£5 a slice but awesome!

Railway museum, free and decent.

Soldato
Might be considered a bit mundane, but I recommend Zizzi for food. It's a bit different because of the building it's in and the decor. Also, if you're lucky, the person making the pizza might accidently over roll it; 17" flatbread pizza ftw.

Back
Top Bottom