Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Soldato
120!

I'm just over 60 now. I was trying to hurry along a bit on the main storyline, did a whole bunch of linked quests....realized it was just a side-mission. So much content in the game, it's ridiculous. Really does feel like an odyssey. At first the branching dialogues seem quite cosmetic but now I'm further on, they do have quite an impact on how the game plays out.

I particularly liked the early quest on Kephalonia where you help the girl's friend's sick family.....then come back later and plague have ravaged the whole island because they infected everyone :'(

Soldato
Just completed the main storyline - I got absolutely overwhelmed by all the content/side missions - I just went down the main story route and have to say, this is my best open world RPG since The Witcher 3 - It is one of those games I couldn't put down!

Soldato
Yer I finished up the main story last week, very good, much better than Origins story-wise.

Still got the rest of the cult, and the Atlantis stuff to finish up. Then I need to pick up the season pass and start the DLC :)

Soldato
I has just reached the Medusa boss battle, how do you beat this thing!? I have comfortably beaten the Minotaur & Cyclopes - This is insane - I am level 52 and getting rinsed like my Nan's washing rag! I need this one and then I have all 4 Atalantian artifacts.

Caporegime
I just used the pillars to block her main attack then rushed in, hit her a couple of times then back to the pillar. I'm spec'ed Assassin so just used the attack that does 100% assassin damage, wait for cool down rinse and repeat. Also hit her with a few arrows when possible as well.

Soldato
Doesn't really warrant its own thread, as there's every chance it isn't true, but apparently the next game is Assassin's Creed: Legion. It'll be set in Italy during the Year of Five Emperors (193AD).

Awesome news if true :D Seems right that the "ancient" games are expanded in to a trilogy, and that Rome is the setting for the third title. I was expecting a clean start to go with the new console generation (likely meaning Japan).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Doesn't really warrant its own thread, as there's every chance it isn't true, but apparently the next game is Assassin's Creed: Legion. It'll be set in Italy during the Year of Five Emperors (193AD).

Awesome news if true :D Seems right that the "ancient" games are expanded in to a trilogy, and that Rome is the setting for the third title. I was expecting a clean start to go with the new console generation (likely meaning Japan).

To be honest, I'm not particularly excited by the sounds of that. What mythical beasts are there in Roman mythology? They were easily the best bits in Odyssey. The locations were just dripping with atmosphere.

There's two things on my wish list which ties in with above. If they are doing an "antiquity" trilogy with Egypt, Greece and Rome then I really hope the next games (which should be exclusively next-gen as I expect Legion to be cross-gen) are set in Japan, China and perhaps India.

But one thing I'd really love to see is a futuristic assassin's creed. So where we had island hopping in your ship in Odyssey, I really want planet hopping in a space ship. I don't see why that wouldn't work except you'd be missing historical locations/characters which the series is known for. So not sure if it would fit in with the branding. You could still go round assassinating targets and things though which is the core gameplay.

Soldato
The MS Store had the Ultimate Edition marked down from $120 to $40 so I jumped on it last week. I'm 18hrs in @ level 15. Loving it so far but I'm finding that I can take on NPCs 2 levels higher with no problem so I don't really have to sneak around much. I can't see me ever completing this to 100%, there's just so much to do!

I'm just starting to search for the cult members. I've killed about 5 of them and the only ones remaining that I've found are way above my level. Do you just have to complete side missions to get clues as to their whereabouts?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm just starting to search for the cult members. I've killed about 5 of them and the only ones remaining that I've found are way above my level. Do you just have to complete side missions to get clues as to their whereabouts?

Some are revealed in side quests, some in main missions. It's probably one of the things I enjoyed most. You get nice armour as rewards.

Soldato

There are clues to there whereabouts in the cultist menu, it'll say if you need to complete quests to uncover them, or tell you roughly where they are or what you should do to find em.

Soldato
I’ve completed the main story, cultists and Atlantis, now I’m just running around completing the various locations. I just broke level 50.

I’m using the Demigod armour and am pretty much unstoppable now. I found maxing out all of the Warrior abilities and a few assassins ones meant you could attack 3 levels higher without getting touched

Back
Top Bottom