Need a 24" 4K monitor

Associate
It gives you more pixels, more detail, not really more space. My work iMac is 5k, but I have to run apps the same way I do on my 1440p screen, otherwise the text is too small to read. Maybe your eyesight is better than mine.

I guess I'd have to try it to be sure.

But I run my 13" late-2013 Macbook Pro at much high dpi and don't use any sclaing on that. Granted it might be quite a bit closer to me but I can see myself using the extra pixels for real estate.

Associate
Work. Spreadsheets, dashboards and billions of Chrome tabs. Often a different VM in each monitor. It's not a huge amount of space and I can't see it being that uncommon a request?!

That kind of resolution at that screen size is a pretty niche product. The resultant PPI will simply be too high and screen text/UI too small for a majority of people purchasing standalone monitors.

Associate
Well regardless, my question still is "can I do any better than the LG 24UD58 in 2019?"

(The one thing tipping me towards 1440p options is bezel size so if this really is the worst idea ever, 24-25" options with practically invisible bezels might be worth investigating. I'm looking at the Acer Nitro VG240YU and Dell P2418D here.)

Associate
There's also the ElectriQ 24 4K but I can't find any real information on it at all.

On a related note: what would you buy between the Dell P2418D and Acer Nitro VG240YU?

Both decent 1440p IPS 24" monitors by good brands. I'm mainly concerned about the bezel. They look the same in images but I can't find anywhere to check them out in person and I've heard concerning things about gaps between the image and the start of the bezel...

Back
Top Bottom