Why is CS:GO a thing?

Caporegime
The community and economy (that they have embraced) of the game are pure cancer though and it deserves to die.

name one game that doesn't have that?

i've met cancerous people and i've met a guy who offered to buy some randomer a mouse mat he had just been matched with as he was having a good week and the randomer was complaining about his mouse mat and he needed a new one. he said send me an amazon wish list link after the game and i'll buy it for you.

you have to take the bad with the good

V F

V F

Soldato
name one game that doesn't have that?

i've met cancerous people and i've met a guy who offered to buy some randomer a mouse mat he had just been matched with as he was having a good week and the randomer was complaining about his mouse mat and he needed a new one. he said send me an amazon wish list link after the game and i'll buy it for you.

you have to take the bad with the good

Every game has it. Some worse than others. It has been like this since I can remember getting into gaming online since 1999.

One thing though, there are many good and bad people in every game. It's simply finding them and some people simply has bad frustrating days.

Plus matchmaking seems to be the worst thing these days with most games. It's one of the main reasons I went to extremely casual for multiplayer. I cannot really enjoy matchmaking most of the time.

Soldato
Its very extreme at the moment. I believe Valve are scheduled to alter the system again or improve it even, they banned 1.6 million csgo accounts in a couple months to be fair. I have both nova 3 account and another thats eagle because every lost match ended up in vac banned players which ELO turns into a win and ranks me up. Giant inaccuracy. I'm trying to get any CS ocuk people to come onto a discord server which has about 20 players so we can just play in lobbies vs each other, host a game, play on http://popflash.site perhaps or faceit.

Whatever, just raise the game on friendly faces over the random population of toxic as people mentioning above - basically the best use of this forum would be if we can benefit from a half decent game of known regulars. Its how we used to do CS many years ago, its even possible to gain elo or MM rank this way if you match 2 lobbies and coordinate the accept buttons exactly

My in game name is Sabre and I'm admin on this server, theres 20 people every day in cs but its a pain to get 10 easily into a game so I just want ocuk people to join and we do it more often. Any problems just ask me, I got the cooperation of all the admin for this and I elevate your rank soon as you appear just say 'I'm here for the 5v5' -
https://discord.gg/7cVF8AF

i also changed my name to sabre 5v5 on the ocuk discord so you know whose who

UnoZDcK.png
zFwOMdQ.gif

Doing a ten man on popflash host, as an example- wtr1qsC.png

Last edited:
Associate
I’m rubbish at CS but still enjoy playing it and just got the 10 year coin . Don’t know what rank I am and don’t care really and never have cared for rankings in any game but I always come back to this game as it’s so easy to just pick up and play .

Caporegime
cod 4 died on comp scene. csgo came out and there was nothing competitive to play. cleaned up. if cod 4 would have been a little later that is what people would have been playing. basically csgo dropped when there was nothing else to play competively. the game is garbage . wish promod for cod 4 would have been the one as its far better in anyway to csgo.

Soldato
cod 4 died on comp scene. csgo came out and there was nothing competitive to play. cleaned up. if cod 4 would have been a little later that is what people would have been playing. basically csgo dropped when there was nothing else to play competively. the game is garbage . wish promod for cod 4 would have been the one as its far better in anyway to csgo.

Yeah CS:GO only "cleaned up" because there was nothing else play - let's just forget about the 20 years of history and existence of CS 1.5/1.6/Source. I guess the worldwide competitive scene with millions in prize money, sponorships, teams, bootcamping facilities etc didn't exist either.

You literally are the worst troll on OcUK - what makes it worse is that aren't you a 40 year old bloke too? :confused:

Caporegime
Yeah CS:GO only "cleaned up" because there was nothing else play - let's just forget about the 20 years of history and existence of CS 1.5/1.6/Source. I guess the worldwide competitive scene with millions in prize money, sponorships, teams, bootcamping facilities etc didn't exist either.

You literally are the worst troll on OcUK - what makes it worse is that aren't you a 40 year old bloke too? :confused:

cod4 promod was the game everyone compwise fps was playing. it all ended just as csgo came out with nothing else to play. infact most of the fps players went from cod4 and started playing games like wow dota and such. the pros just follow the money. cs has a big community true. the thing is cod4 promod was a better game to both watch and play.

if released later then obviously it would have had the same crowd that csgo has become popular for. with no fps challenge competitively it was free to dominate. pretty simple to understand.

Soldato
if released later then obviously it would have had the same crowd that csgo has become popular for. with no fps challenge competitively it was free to dominate. pretty simple to understand.

So CS:GO enjoyed the same monopoly that COD4 did when that was released. Yet COD4 still tanked and CS:GO went on and on?

Yesp, that's pretty easy to understand. Thank you ;)

Caporegime
cod 4 was at end of life time thats why. thats the same as when csgo goes dead when new fps takes its crown like apex. thats why i mentioned the time of release and how it was relevant for the simpletons.

Soldato
cod 4 was at end of life time thats why. thats the same as when csgo goes dead when new fps takes its crown like apex. thats why i mentioned the time of release and how it was relevant for the simpletons.

Why was CS 1.6 infinitely more popular both casually and competitvely than CoD 4, even though CoD released 4 years later?

Last edited:
Soldato
timeframe as mentioned ? is it so hard to work out ? :confused:

No, you said "if released later then obviously it would have had the same crowd that csgo has become popular for". CoD 4 released 4 years after CS 1.6, yet died hilariously quick while CS continued to live on as the most popular competitive game.

Caporegime
what you talking about player numbers, twitch ? the debate is stupid. its timeframe . at basics. csgo had nothing to compete with. so it was successful. that simple. to keep it as simple as possible so you can understand any decent title dropped in a time with no competition would have been popular. csgo dropped in a time where esports was just taking off. no competiton twitch growing crazy fast. the timing of the drop is why its been very succesful. timing is everything. look at apex. its dropped just as people are sort of tired of the old king pubg and they made it free pimped it hard and all the streamers are playing it pimping it. so the numbers have dewarfed many other games in such a short time. time is the key factor in everything.

Soldato
It's like arguing with a brick wall. I'm done.

Being referred to as simple by a bloke who can't even spell or use the correct grammar, just sums it up really.

Permabanned
I have it in my steam library (recently got my 5 year 'coin') having played one game. I performed above average in that game compared with others on my 60 Hz 3440x1440 at like 100+ fps.

Why is CS: Go a thing? I remember playing it when it was a Half Life mod many years ago, but it's still somehow relevant with many demanding 100 fps+ in it with Gsync/freesync 144hz etc.

During my recent 1 game stint on that game it was foreign kids talking, and yet people actually play this ****ing game day in day out. Please explain it, because I'm not getting it despite being a CS fan from ancient days. It's nothing like it was, yet 'serious gamers' state it for the purpose of getting their 20 million fps to be competitive.

What adult plays this nonsense.

I imagine a big reason for it's popularity is how undemanding the game actually is, When you think about it on a Global scale a lot of people won't have the hardware to run more modern games well enough to be competitive with the Average Joe let alone the more serious players, I'd bet money that a big section of the CS playerbase play it because the choices for what they can play are limited.

Soldato
Cod 4 was barely a competitive scene , please stop pretending it was.
CS had years a groundwork to build upon, Source was played but competitively felt off to the pros, GO aimed to fix that right from the off and it blew up because it was seen as a worthy successor to 1.6

Back
Top Bottom