*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Caporegime
The Valentine Archer is up for grabs now, more friggin hoops top jump through including having to play game modes i don't even bother with. :rolleyes:

I did this challenge in one day. It isn't exactly hard and you end up playing and doing things you otherwise wouldn't bother with. People repair tanks a lot better now for example. The new allied tank is great. Gun has more movement than the stug and packs a bigger punch as well.

Caporegime
I did this challenge in one day. It isn't exactly hard and you end up playing and doing things you otherwise wouldn't bother with. People repair tanks a lot better now for example. The new allied tank is great. Gun has more movement than the stug and packs a bigger punch as well.

People repair tanks only as long as this is an objective for unlocking things. This is dice basically forcing a temporary style of play that will vanish once the vehicle is unlocked. It may not be hard to do but at the same time it's an utterly pointless exercise.

Caporegime
Aren't you supposed to be able to buy stuff with CC if you can't be arsed to do the hoops? I've got over 100,000 now but can't find anywhere to buy decent stuff, just stupid bling.

Supposedly you can buy the stug for 100cc, where i've no clue. The stug was a really pathetic addition, a tank destroyer that struggles to destroy tanks.

Caporegime
Supposedly you can buy the stug for 100cc, where i've no clue. The stug was a really pathetic addition, a tank destroyer that struggles to destroy tanks.

Tbh the stug was never a great tank anyway. It was a Panzer 4 chassis with a panther gun. Mainly because by then the Panzer 4 was obsolete so the Germans needed to rush something out to compete against the russians. It was too small to mount the panther gun in a turret so a fixed position was made. I find it serves its purpose in game. It is never going to win any offensive battles but is great from a defensive point of view while still having great speed to get between flags.

Caporegime
Tbh the stug was never a great tank anyway. It was a Panzer 4 chassis with a panther gun. Mainly because by then the Panzer 4 was obsolete so the Germans needed to rush something out to compete against the russians. It was too small to mount the panther gun in a turret so a fixed position was made. I find it serves its purpose in game. It is never going to win any offensive battles but is great from a defensive point of view while still having great speed to get between flags.

They could have beefed it up a bit for the game, there's a lot of talk about another cannon it could have used as an upgrade that made it more powerful but Dice went for a smaller caliber variant.

Playing the game today i'm having a laugh at how even placing AP mines is bugged, you place a mine down in some situations and it slides along the ground and deploys a few feet from where you want it to be. So sometimes it doesn't even let you have them hidden out of view and the game decides to slide it into the open so its easier spotted.

Soldato
Quite enjoying the new Grand operations with the night section (but I've always been a sucker for the BF night maps). It's tough as attackers if your team doesn't know what the words smoke or flank mean though.

There's clearly some serious bugs as always, like this one which allows the tank drivers to move (backwards) before the round starts..
https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aucrjb/mother/

Caporegime
Soldato
Thats been in the game since the first alpha, you can also move forward if you tap left and right, your tank shuffles forwards along. Obviously you can't move forward much doing this but reversing has always been there.

It's shocking it's not been removed yet then since you can road kill the enemy team before the round starts (Or just sit on an objective).

Caporegime
Saw another cheater, I was laying down just spawned in, then after being there a little while waiting for the enemy to attack. Guy jumps over the wall, does a complete 360 spin and dead one hit. He was something like 70/10 as an assault by the first day. Reported him anyway, PROFILE HIDDEN

Caporegime
LOD in this game is brilliant.

See this tractor?

grlcQNc.jpg

What Tractor?

uGZN6n7.jpg

If you iron sight in when in the church tower it magically reappears. I wonder how many other things this happens to? You think you're behind cover and someone seemingly with a 6th sense knows you're there because from their vantage point your cover doesn't exist and you're sitting like a plum in the open.

I've noticed it happen to some of the country walls on panzer storm as well. Would probably go some way to explaining at least some of the hackusations you see ingame.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still enjoying the online I must say however the game itself still needs lots of improvements as with most stated above.

Anyone else noticed the elastic trees? Tank fires main gun near trees and they stretch like a piece of rubber about 30ft.

As well as the dodgy render distance as the photos above.

Should also be able to change reticules. Annoying trying to aim through a 1” thick reticule like the krag + Enfield have.

The only thing now I want is larger maps. Some of the maps spring to mind where you can use a tank and just camp the entire team. For a 64 man map, only a few maps are just about big enough.

Caporegime
LOD in this game is brilliant.

See this tractor?

grlcQNc.jpg

What Tractor?

uGZN6n7.jpg

If you iron sight in when in the church tower it magically reappears. I wonder how many other things this happens to? You think you're behind cover and someone seemingly with a 6th sense knows you're there because from their vantage point your cover doesn't exist and you're sitting like a plum in the open.

I've noticed it happen to some of the country walls on panzer storm as well. Would probably go some way to explaining at least some of the hackusations you see ingame.

The main flag (D?) on Hamada has all sorts of this going on, un ADS'ed and you can see players running around the battlements with no cover. Zoom in and the battlements show.

Caporegime
The main flag (D?) on Hamada has all sorts of this going on, un ADS'ed and you can see players running around the battlements with no cover. Zoom in and the battlements show.

And people still say this engine is "well optimized", if it was these kind of things wouldn't be happening, or they would be very hard to spot. I'd say it would be easy to get an engine running well if it's removing geometry totally instead of reducing its complexity at ranges.

Associate
Update downloading. Let's see if it can stop those annoying crash to blacks that I never had before the last update. The game's going fine, and then I get a black screen and the message that I am offline. Could be a coincidence but I had never had that before at all.

Back
Top Bottom