Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
That Merc is nice, but it looks too much like a C220 Blue Efficiency. Where's the AMG flair?

Love that S4, looks incredible in black

That’s part of the appeal to me, I love that it just looks like any other C Class. It doesn’t attract the wrong attention which is good as a lot of the time it has my young family in it.

Proper sleeper

Soldato
Soldato
It's also not the full AMG a la C63 so it more competes with S4 which has equally "sleeper" styling
Although I do find the current C63 is difficult to tell as well apart from the V8 biturbo badges

Man of Honour
It's also not the full AMG a la C63 so it more competes with S4 which has equally "sleeper" styling
Although I do find the current C63 is difficult to tell as well apart from the V8 biturbo badges

I was about to say, the C63 and C43 look virtually identical, difference being the exhaust tips and painted callipers. Other than that, you’d struggle to tell.

alx

alx

Soldato
I was about to say, the C63 and C43 look virtually identical, difference being the exhaust tips and painted callipers. Other than that, you’d struggle to tell.

Agreed, the C63 looks too subtle in my view - although does the C63s add body work changes because some I see look more aggressive than others?

I saw an article on the new facelift C63s recently, definitely looked more aggressive and more obviously an AMG/63 car.

Man of Honour
Haha I know! I started doing it back when it was the done thing and I'd upload my photos to Flickr and haven't stopped! I should do though, as admittedly it looks a bit naff
It's odd as I was thinking about borders on pictures for some unknown reason the other day.

Soldato
Evora went on Friday after two wonderful years. Brilliant car but I've never owned a V8.

So........

zpdpGiih.jpg
0P4D18Wh.jpg
momZx2rh.jpg

I was luckily enough to be able to buy it from a friend who has owned it for the last 7 years and looked after it fastidiously before upgrading to a Vantage V12 last summer. Took me a while to convince him that two Vantages to a bit greedy but very glad that I did.

2008 - 4.7 V8 - Manual - Onxy Black exterior with Obsidian Black interior & Piano Black Veneer.

An alarming list of things that were options.....

• Premium Audio System
  • Auto dimming rear view mirror
  • Bluetooth phone prep
  • Cruise control
  • First aid kit (still sealed)
  • Front parking sensors
  • Memory seats and mirrors
  • Powerfold exterior mirrors
  • Sat Nav
  • Sports pack
  • Tracker
  • Xenon (HID) headlamps

Exhaust bypass remote already fitted and sounding glorious

And the best bit, a pretty much mint 4.7 for the price of a good 4.3 :D as he wanted it to go to a good home and was happy to get more than offered at Part-ex but not have to deal with "buyers"

Soldato
Evora went on Friday after two wonderful years. Brilliant car but I've never owned a V8.

So........

zpdpGiih.jpg
0P4D18Wh.jpg
momZx2rh.jpg

I was luckily enough to be able to buy it from a friend who has owned it for the last 7 years and looked after it fastidiously before upgrading to a Vantage V12 last summer. Took me a while to convince him that two Vantages to a bit greedy but very glad that I did.

2008 - 4.7 V8 - Manual - Onxy Black exterior with Obsidian Black interior & Piano Black Veneer.

An alarming list of things that were options.....

• Premium Audio System
  • Auto dimming rear view mirror
  • Bluetooth phone prep
  • Cruise control
  • First aid kit (still sealed)
  • Front parking sensors
  • Memory seats and mirrors
  • Powerfold exterior mirrors
  • Sat Nav
  • Sports pack
  • Tracker
  • Xenon (HID) headlamps

Exhaust bypass remote already fitted and sounding glorious

And the best bit, a pretty much mint 4.7 for the price of a good 4.3 :D as he wanted it to go to a good home and was happy to get more than offered at Part-ex but not have to deal with "buyers"
You can always suggest that he swaps the V8 for the V12 for a weekend too if he starts missing it :D

olv

olv

Soldato
Annoyingly the 4.7 centre console is so much nicer than the 4.3. Great cars, but then I would say that! Sports pack is a nice to have. Get that number plate plinth removed pronto.

Soldato
You can always suggest that he swaps the V8 for the V12 for a weekend too if he starts missing it :D

He is insured on the V8 so he can borrow it if he misses the car (or wants to go away somewhere and get 25mpg rather than 17mpg on a run), we are with the same broker so maybe I need to start another campaign of influence ;)

Annoyingly the 4.7 centre console is so much nicer than the 4.3. Great cars, but then I would say that! Sports pack is a nice to have. Get that number plate plinth removed pronto.

Where does the plate mount to if the plinth comes off?

olv

olv

Soldato
He is insured on the V8 so he can borrow it if he misses the car (or wants to go away somewhere and get 25mpg rather than 17mpg on a run), we are with the same broker so maybe I need to start another campaign of influence ;)

Where does the plate mount to if the plinth comes off?

3M velcro straight onto the bumper. Looks much cleaner and less ‘bumper car’.

Soldato
@Del Lardo Very nice, lovely looking cars.

What's the key fob like out of interest? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f83A2CW-Lt0

I know cars all around share parts but @4:19 the fob did made me laugh for such a premium car.

I have the updated one.....

though I think that https://jalopnik.com/aston-martins-sapphire-crystal-key-was-the-stupidest-th-1827320142 these guys have it right. Looks gorgeous but I am took scared to use it apart from special occasions as it costs £800 to replace when you inevitably drop it.

Soldato
Nice, CMWheels? wheel/tyre specs?

Yeah, Hyper Silver. Chose the CSL's with a more traditional offset fronts 8.5J x 38, rears 9.5J x 40. My stock 313's were 8J x 37 and 9J x 39 so had no issues fitting. (7mm closer to the strut and 5mm closer to the arch.)

The more common offset would have moved further away from the strut by around 12mm and out against the arch by 20mm which might have required an arch roll, given the M3 has more aggressive body styling.

Can't fault the value and the finish is pretty good. There is a very minor run on one but given the price and the goodwill refund, can't really complain :)

Still running the PS4's that were on my 313's. 225,35,19 and 255,30,19 without issue. Sidewall angle is a little different but far from 'stretched' and plenty of protection still. Well as much as a sidewall can offer... :o

Back
Top Bottom