• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia RTX 5 months on-a win or fail?

Caporegime
Surely with the advent of ‘good enough’ in the shape of the next gen consoles, and overpriced nature of a relatively pointless technology... how many people will decide to just give up and buy a console instead of being shafted?

I think nvidia made a huge mistake.

Mobster
Soldato

Apologies if already posted.

Subtle changes there, and they make sense. Grass and tree bark looking better imo. Biggest and most logical change in that short clip is the boat panning scene, with the moon being behind, the boats wood will obviously be darker compared to the lighter non-rtx side. It's these small changes that really make rtx standout. High FPS too with rtx on, maybe due to it being applied quite low ?

Soldato
Subtle changes there, and they make sense. Grass and tree bark looking better imo. Biggest and most logical change in that short clip is the boat panning scene, with the moon being behind, the boats wood will obviously be darker compared to the lighter non-rtx side. It's these small changes that really make rtx standout. High FPS too with rtx on, maybe due to it being applied quite low ?

Im excited about this in 5 years time. Maybe less. It will be awesome. I see the similar things on closer inspection. But wow...they can fake it well on the old school approach.

Mobster
Soldato
Im excited about this in 5 years time. Maybe less. It will be awesome. I see the similar things on closer inspection. But wow...they can fake it well on the old school approach.

Absolutely they can, without the side by side you would happily play any version of the game.

Once it has matured, it will indeed be exciting, I don't know anyone apart from haters or amd fans that couldnt get excited about this kind of tech.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
When AMD do their version of DLSS, it will be a superb tech but whilst NVidia are doing it, it isn't good!
That might be the case for a few die hard AMD fans. But for the majority they will judge it the same. It not being good has nothing to do with who is making it imo. Fact is, right now it is nothing special at all. It might be in 1-2 years, but by then the 3000 series will be out. We can only judge what is out now and sadly that is hardly anything at all.

Nearly 6 months now (how long do Nvidia’s machines take to learn? :p) they have not delivered anything close to what they made the 2000 series seem like was able to deliver.

bru

bru

Soldato
Nearly 6 months now (how long do Nvidia’s machines take to learn? :p) they have not delivered anything close to what they made the 2000 series seem like was able to deliver.

Just remember that NVidia don't make games.
So if their isn't more than 2 RTX games out their it isn't NVidia's fault.:rolleyes:

After 6 months how many true audio or mantle games were their?;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just remember that NVidia don't make games.
So if their isn't more than 2 RTX games out their it isn't NVidia's fault.:rolleyes:

Sarcasm I hope? :p

After 6 months how many true audio or mantle games were their?;)
Yeah and they flopped. Lol. You trying to say DLSS is a flop? ;)

My position is this tech won’t be ready until the 3000 series at the very earliest from what I can see. Maybe even 4000 series. Currently it seems like it is in a early Beta stage.

Caporegime
Sarcasm I hope? :p

Yeah and they flopped. Lol. You trying to say DLSS is a flop? ;)

My position is this tech won’t be ready until the 3000 series at the very earliest from what I can see. Maybe even 4000 series. Currently it seems like it is in a early Beta stage.

Early beta for $1200 is a bit cheeky.

Soldato
Early beta for $1200 is a bit cheeky.
It's just introduction of early release of new complex tech, nothing to do with beta :). But agree with the above - next few generations should take a huge leap forward. If people don't fancy having an early taste of RT then wait for next few gens. I think many will cave in when 7nm RT hits the shelves tho.
In the future people wont even discuss RT - it'll just be there and "just work" :D.

bru

bru

Soldato
Exactly, I cannot see NVidia doing a Uturn on RTX, as they have invested too much money in it.
All the major players are planing to use deep learning in the future and ray tracing is the holy grail as far as computer generated graphics.
Yes at the moment this first generation needs work, but things can only improve, the tech will get faster and the games will get better, but it will take time. You don't write a game in a few months, they can take years.

Soldato
No way would NV make a uturn on RT. IMO it comes back to the whole pricing issue why people hate on it and to a lesser extent many being FPS whores :D. Once this phases ends and the technology because further developed (and cheaper) it';ll be great.
Developers are excited by it. Gamers should be too, and I know I am, as it means more realistic gaming, especially as it improves. AMD WILL be working on their own RT too.

The flips side of people not buying NV GPU's not out of pricing protest is that they could invest less in the gaming market. They won't though as we all know this gen will soon be forgotton in the future and people will enjoy the more realistic gaming it's going to create. I'm detecting the tide (sentiment)changing already, unless my judgment is wrong.
Early days yet. RT failing = no chance IMO :).

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
Never known any group of people to be so hung up on price.

Does continually mentioning the price make you feel better about something ?

bru

bru

Soldato
Never known any group of people to be so hung up on price.

Does continually mentioning the price make you feel better about something ?

It even more amusing when the prices that keep getting mentioned are not even the cheapest.
You can get the RTX 2080ti early beta card for just under £1000

Back
Top Bottom