Brands for new bathroom

Associate
Afternoon all

If you were buying new bathroom items, what brands or suppliers would you go to. Not looking for super high end but want to avoid anything crap, prefer good quality but value for money rather than cheapest.

If anyone has been through the process of a new bathroom in the post few years and would recommend anyone I'd love to know.

We're looking at ripping out our current bathroom completely and replacing everything.

Missus is in charge (keeps her happy) and it's looking like we will buy the sink, bath, shower etc and the guys who did our kitchen will install.

I know nothing about bathrooms but the missus will just pick what she line the look of. IfI like to be able to point her toward a website, shop or brand and then let her pick so I know we're buying reasonably good quality items.

Thanks

Darren

Associate
I'll be interested in this too. I've just had my kitchen done as it was a minefield buying the kitchen. Wren, Magnet, etc love plucking random large numbers out of thin air and saying that is the final price. I'm starting to find the same with local bathroom suppliers.

Associate
OP
I'll be interested in this too. I've just had my kitchen done as it was a minefield buying the kitchen. Wren, Magnet, etc love plucking random large numbers out of thin air and saying that is the final price. I'm starting to find the same with local bathroom suppliers.

Good luck with the kitchen hunting. Ours is pretty much done, going to do some LED strips myself and the builders have a bit of touching up to do but they're doing that when they are back to do the bathroom.

I should really post pictures of the kitchen in the kitchen thread I created.

For what it's worth we ended up using DIY Kitchens for our kitchen.

Associate
Good luck with the kitchen hunting. Ours is pretty much done, going to do some LED strips myself and the builders have a bit of touching up to do but they're doing that when they are back to do the bathroom.

I should really post pictures of the kitchen in the kitchen thread I created.

For what it's worth we ended up using DIY Kitchens for our kitchen.

Sorry misunderstanding. Our kitchen is finished thank god. Again we went with DIY Kitchens who were fantastic. Ours is on their facebook page, see post - 19 February at 08:00. Now we are searching for bathroom stuff.

Associate
OP
Sorry misunderstanding. Our kitchen is finished thank god. Again we went with DIY Kitchens who were fantastic. Ours is on their facebook page, see post - 19 February at 08:00. Now we are searching for bathroom stuff.

No need to apologise, my mistake.

Seems like you're in a similar position to us then.

Soldato
I'm doing our bathroom this year. 3 walls will have multipanel on them. The remaining wall plastered and painted.
The ceiling will be multipanel ceiling panels.
Having a Carron bath nice and sturdy.
Aqualisa Q Smart shower that also fills the bath so no taps on the bath nice and clean.
Toilet will be an Ideal rimless.
Basin not decided yet.
Also fitting a 150mm extractor fan on the loft.

Associate
OP
Have you measured up? Since measuring up with narrowed down what we can have. We are going for an 1800x800 bath which limits our options furniture wise.

Yes, unlike the kitchen we've not argued about layout so we know what's going where and therefore size but I don't have any measurements to hand.

Soldato
I work for a biggish online bathroom retailer. A competitor to soak, VP, etc but I'm not allowed to plug...

Both soak and Victorian Plumbing are decent and reasonablely priced. Ceramics, baths, taps, heating are all fine quality wise. I know their suppliers. Soak will be cheaper I'd imagine as they source and import themselves (like us) Victorian Plumbing source from UK suppliers but the products ultimately come from the far East still (nothing wrong with that though, branded items do too)

Baths and shower trays typically come from UK though.

Furniture is a difficult one as wood in bathrooms generally does mix. Try and find a painted vanity rather than a veneered and it will be a safer bet.

Any questions just ask and I'll do my best.

Check eBay for Soak, the prices are normally a but cheaper.

Soldato
I've been looking on soak for bathroom furniture but who knows if it's actually any good. For the bath, etc I'm trying to stick to known brands.

What's the rational for sticking with know brands for the bath out of interest? It's probably the most basic bit.

Us and Soak use "branded" baths from the UK but are sold as own brand. Trojan baths based in Huddersfield. So don't be too concerned.

Soldato
Triple I assume you meant wood does not mix? Also is a Cleargreen sustain bath any good? We are limited with baths as we want a 1800x800.

Yer they're good, "reinforced" but a bit overkill really but if you want peace of mind then fine.

We sell 1800x800 for £149.97, £154.97 or £189.97 dependant of design - Single / Double ended. So don't feel like you're restricted.

Back
Top Bottom