Worthabuy - Illness?

Man of Honour
I assume you'll be posting a full and complete copy of his exact, particular Ts & Cs to verify this fact? :p

I did actually have a quick scan of the Patreon website and it seems to imply that donations count as pledges for content creation... "They deserve your honest fulfillment of all the work you promised them as rewards", and other things that strongly suggest there is an 'owing' of some kind, even if it's mostly moral...
*shrug*

My health would take precedent over my morals but I will know for sure the world has finally gone mad the day someone sues a streamer for not making enough content :D

Soldato
He's now dropped an Anthem review within space of several days, looking less likely that it was 'illness' that caused his break and more he got the arse on from his Farcry videos.

Man of Honour
He's now dropped an Anthem review within space of several days, looking less likely that it was 'illness' that caused his break and more he got the arse on from his Farcry videos.

I think that's been clear from the beginning :p

Another YouTuber (Eight Thoughts) has done almost exactly this recently too. He started uploading quite toxic content, then did an inaccurate character assassination of Pewdiepie, obviously to attract views. This didn't go as he expected, as he started losing subscribers hand over fist and he posted a load of replies to comments insulting people. He now released an apology and blamed it on his "cancer". OK then. Unsubscribed :/

Soldato
I see he's back to being triggered by women/race representation in games again, complete with his whiney voice. What a boring manbaby.

Soldato
I think that's been clear from the beginning :p

Another YouTuber (Eight Thoughts) has done almost exactly this recently too. He started uploading quite toxic content, then did an inaccurate character assassination of Pewdiepie, obviously to attract views. This didn't go as he expected, as he started losing subscribers hand over fist and he posted a load of replies to comments insulting people. He now released an apology and blamed it on his "cancer". OK then. Unsubscribed :/

I really don't get some of the folk, their entire livelihood is via subscribers and typically patreons, yet they don't know when to shut up and stick to the day job. If I had that many subs I'd be happy to take the money and in WAB's case - just keep being honest about games without all the manbaby stuff.

Soldato
And yet you still watch it and come to the thread to post about it. Manbaby indeed.

I didn't put on a whiney voice, ring a bell and moan about women in computer games though, so what's your point?

By the way, I lasted until his first childish whinge, which was only a few minutes in. Then I sensibly asked myself "wtf am I doing watching this ****?" clicked away and watched something less toxic.

Soldato
I don’t get how you guys can stand to watch his reviews - it’s always the same complaints from him - I just watched the Metro review of his and it’s just more of the same. There are so many other reviewers out there that do a better job - and he constantly likes to remind his viewers how he’s unique and different but he really isn’t...

I used to subscribe to WAB, but I couldn’t stand his attitude on some things. And his ringing the bell thing wore thin very quickly for me.

Soldato
The bell thing does get tired pretty quick, but there is definitely a market for an independent reviewer that does not get paid to make them, and can give actual honest feedback as a result.

There are some good reviewers out there, but they may have a conflict of interest if they've been given keys to review games, and they start giving scathing ones.

Associate
I see he's back to being triggered by women/race representation in games again, complete with his whiney voice. What a boring manbaby.

Bioware are so desperately trying to be woke though it's painful. Representation is good but Bioware are just very political now and for some it is off putting. It defeats the object of games as escapism.

Soldato
Bioware are so desperately trying to be woke though it's painful. Representation is good but Bioware are just very political now and for some it is off putting. It defeats the object of games as escapism.

That's the crux isn't it.

I remember a time when a lot of women couldn't give two hoots about gaming and considered it to be childish/silly/waste of time etc.

Now look at it.

Soldato

Fair enough. I think I'm just a bit too old for his review style (although I'm younger than him) and it grates terribly. He obviously has an audience though so good luck to him.

Soldato
That's the crux isn't it.

I remember a time when a lot of women couldn't give two hoots about gaming and considered it to be childish/silly/waste of time etc.

Now look at it.

Good isn't it, thank god we're not still playing the cringe-tastic tired old crap with the same dudebro cardboard cutout characters we had to put up when gaming only catered to socially inept teenage boys.

Man of Honour
Good isn't it, thank god we're not still playing the cringe-tastic tired old crap with the same dudebro cardboard cutout characters we had to put up when gaming only catered to socially inept teenage boys.

Solid Snake, Gordon Freeman and Duke Nukem are coming for you :)

Back
Top Bottom