*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Sorry I've not heard of this happening before. I'd contact Nintendo and get it looked at.

Ouch I was hoping this wasnt the case but I actually tested it out again today and low and behold, Im getting 37Mbps down and 8Mbps up.

I think thats ok for now!

Is it worth trying with another wireless network (even just tethering your phone for 10 mins) to see whether it changes? That'll tell you whether it's the Switch or the network.

(I appreciate you've tested the network with other devices, but doing it the other way around can't hurt either).

You know, I should have done this and it never crossed my mind! Good idea for next time, thanks.

My first switch had awful WiFi range and speeds, I would send it to Nintendo and make I clear as day thats it's a WiFi issue not wireless controller issue. As I sent mine in 3 times they thought i sent it in due to joycons .... Muppets... I ended up replacing it with the retailer.

If your playing docked I would rerecomme getting usb Ethernet adapter I have ugreen one it's great.

Hmm interesting, do these just plug into one of the USB sockets? Is there any configuring or anything like that on the Switch? Does it detect it immediately as a network device and connect an ethernet to it?

Soldato
got the credits rolling on xenoblade 2 right at the moment, been a pretty good game, spent about 110 hours on it and got the last boss on my first try with level 71's :)

i would have the prequel to put in right now but amazon sent me a empty game case with no game inside on monday, when i seen it i knew something was wrong as the shrink wrap had been tampered with.... some git in the ware house knicked my game cartridge.

after a few mins on live chat they sent me out another one trouble free, that should arrive the morn at some point, i hope this one has a game in it lol

Associate
Been debating it a while but I've took the plunge and ordered myself an 8BitDo SF30, got a Pro controller already but wanted something I could throw in the carry case... and also for that slight nostalgia feel.

I hope they begin to release SNES games soon, got so many I want to get.

Man of Honour
Been debating it a while but I've took the plunge and ordered myself an 8BitDo SF30, got a Pro controller already but wanted something I could throw in the carry case... and also for that slight nostalgia feel.

I hope they begin to release SNES games soon, got so many I want to get.

Let us know how you get on. I'm not sure whether to go for the dongle that lets you use an XBox Elite controller (although they all cause lag in multiplayer games) or one of these to finally get a functional dpad on the Switch.

Associate
Let us know how you get on. I'm not sure whether to go for the dongle that lets you use an XBox Elite controller (although they all cause lag in multiplayer games) or one of these to finally get a functional dpad on the Switch.
Will do, Amazon delivering later today.. May get an opportunity but I'll let you know first thoughts and prolonged thoughts, they get a good write up though.

Man of Honour
Will do, Amazon delivering later today.. May get an opportunity but I'll let you know first thoughts and prolonged thoughts, they get a good write up though.

I'm primarily interested in the dpad, and as a secondary how the analog sticks feel in that position as I find the PlayStation ergonomics are pretty poor.

Soldato
Hmm interesting, do these just plug into one of the USB sockets? Is there any configuring or anything like that on the Switch? Does it detect it immediately as a network device and connect an ethernet to it?

It's just plug and play into usb port on the dock if i remember correctly it will change to Ethernet automatically.

Associate
I'm primarily interested in the dpad, and as a secondary how the analog sticks feel in that position as I find the PlayStation ergonomics are pretty poor.
Initial thoughts:

Overall it's very good, D Pad is probably one of the best points. I've played abit of OG Super Mario and Sonic Mania but will give BOTW a blast tomorrow.

I'd typically play with the pro pad so I have my fore fingers on the shoulder bumper buttons and middle fingers on the trigger.. that's not possible really without losing grip.

Rumble is meant to be loud but I've not really noticed anything yet, may notice more on BOTW.. I'll update again after a few days but so far I'm happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom