What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
And mine doesn't even have carpet. Just carpet mats... :p

Fancy taking a quick recording in the cabin to get an idea of the noise levels? Should get a hard top too, they make quite the difference as well. Could really help. :)

Man of Honour
And mine doesn't even have carpet. Just carpet mats... :p

Fancy taking a quick recording in the cabin to get an idea of the noise levels? Should get a hard top too, they make quite the difference as well. Could really help. :)

I don't think I have anything worth bothering with trying to record noise levels with. Bought a hard top just before christmas

Caporegime
Called the garage to book my car in a week ago telling them what the exact issue is.
Drop it off this morning, they tell me they'll have it back to me by c.o.b.
They call me an hour later to tell me they'll have to order the part in. Wtf?!

Soldato
Called the garage to book my car in a week ago telling them what the exact issue is.
Drop it off this morning, they tell me they'll have it back to me by c.o.b.
They call me an hour later to tell me they'll have to order the part in. Wtf?!
No one believes the customer on problems, I work in IT and the customer is never correct about what the problem is. They'd never order the part before seeing the car.

Soldato
Fiesta ST had it's 4th year service (with brake fluid changed and aircon topped up, only minimal loss apparently so didn't charge anything) and MOT. Minor issue with the voice activation button not working also fixed without charge.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
New shock, spring, top mount etc on my 07 civic!

New impact gun worked a treat.
How did you find doing the 14mm top mount bolts? I used some drop spanners but access was tight and you can only tighten to what you think is right. Did both my fronts except the springs 2 years ago (can't think why I left the springs now seeing as I did the lot) and still on there good though.

Soldato
Seeing as the 350gt hasn't exploded yet I treated it to new wipers (Michelins £4.99 in Aldi, thank you), oil and filter and brake pads. The latter involved driving to my nearest Nissan dealer after discovering that the locking wheel nut key that came with the car was entirely the wrong shape! Luckily they had one in stock for the low, low price of £18.

Getting the front undertray off took as long as the rest of it, might just trying leaving it in place next time.

Associate
Just booked my Mini Cooper S in at the dealership for next week.

- £626.30 including labour and VAT for a new High Pressure Fuel Pump - that's with 50% good will contribution from BMW :(
- £295 to replace the oil solenoid valve which is leaking onto part of the wiring harness so part of that is getting changed aswell. If it's left and it goes further it can end up costing thousands.

Seriously annoyed to say the least.

Following up from this. Dropped it off this morning at 7.30am, just picked it up.

- HPFP replaced, along with pressure hose and tubing.
- Oil Solenoid fixed, along with other seals and part of wiring loom changed with an updated part to prevent anything happening in the future.

Main offender - Fuel Pump (with the blue dot on top)

Q6IYwDG.jpg

Came out a bit cheaper than expect as they added more of a discount which I was thankfull for:

RXWRqEJ.jpg

Glad the car is running properly now and has a completely clean bill of health, may end up getting rid in the next year or so though:

2ibY9aF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom