Naturally Aspirated Cars

Associate
OP
After much deliberation and seems most of all you on these forums recommend the new turbo petrols as they are more efficient and have less turbo lag.

So with these recommendations I am slightly swaying away from NA cars.

I have been over all the cars I like and found which best fits my situation and size.

I have narrowed it down to two cars:

Ford Fiesta ST (Mk7)
Mini Cooper S (2014-16)

I have driven the ST and found it to be very quick and I fitted in it.

Never driven a Cooper S although I had a 2012 Cooper D so the fit is fine.

What are your thoughts?

Soldato
I had a mk7 Fiesta ST for a couple of years. They are pretty quick, but torque steer is a thing and I never found the driving position all that great. Ford kinda just slapped some recaro seats in but didn't change anything else from the standard car, so they don't feel like they are fitted properly.

Last edited:
Caporegime
After much deliberation and seems most of all you on these forums recommend the new turbo petrols as they are more efficient and have less turbo lag.

So with these recommendations I am slightly swaying away from NA cars.

I have been over all the cars I like and found which best fits my situation and size.

I have narrowed it down to two cars:

Ford Fiesta ST (Mk7)
Mini Cooper S (2014-16)

I have driven the ST and found it to be very quick and I fitted in it.

Never driven a Cooper S although I had a 2012 Cooper D so the fit is fine.

What are your thoughts?

if anything breaks on the mini it will cost a fortune to fix. fiesta - well it's a fiesta

why not get a civic type r? or the gt86?

Soldato
Try the new Swift Sport, too, if you're looking at new/nearly new hatches now; I actually prefer elements of it to the Fiesta. Could do with an aftermarket exhaust/intake, though...

Man of Honour
Fair enough!

It's not really fair enough at all, generally a turbocharged engine will be more fuel efficient than a similarly powerful normally aspirated engine because it needs less capacity to make that power.

This is why there are so many small turbo engines now.

Associate
I have a gen 3 Cooper S which I will be changing for a naturally aspirated car funnily enough. :p

As much as I enjoy the mini, in all honestly there is nothing really special about it. Like a lot of hatches, it has a 2.0 turbo engine, with the typical pops and bangs from the exhaust.

Owning something with 6 or 8 cylinders to me seems more appealing. Far less common and they sound awesome.

After I get bored of the golf, think I will go RWD.

Permabanned
Or reliability :D
its rubbish man. My mate Build hes RX8 from start and did 60 000 miles with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. oil every 3000 miles and premixing. Driving it like in god damn fast and furious. MPG well said once managed to get 22 :D usualy around 12-14 :D
Still regrets selling it for 5000 2.5 years ago cause he wanted a BEEMER
RX8s got 1 massive problem THEIR's Drivers....

Last edited by a moderator:
Don
its rubbish man. My mate Build hes RX8 from start and did 60 000 miles with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. oil every 3000 miles and premixing. Driving it like in god damn fast and furious. MPG well said once managed to get 22 :D usualy around 12-14 :D
Still regrets selling it for 5000 2.5 years ago cause he wanted a BEEMER
RX8s got 1 massive problem THEIR's Drivers....

What an odd post.
The RX8 is junk. Believe me, I had one from new and sold it after 18 months and 15k miles due to the utterly ridiculous thirst for fuel when compared with the modest amount of performance on offer. I bought a car with a 4.2 V8 in it to save money.

Permabanned
What an odd post.
The RX8 is junk. Believe me, I had one from new and sold it after 18 months and 15k miles due to the utterly ridiculous thirst for fuel when compared with the modest amount of performance on offer. I bought a car with a 4.2 V8 in it to save money.
my mate was not giving a shiet about MPG he was living in wales and hes GF here in nottingham He was driving Wales to Nottingham and back EVERY WEEKEND for 2 years :D
RX8 is for people like Him or me. I hate V8 sound will take rotary over it ANY DAY. If it was not doing mentioned 12-14 mpg Id have one over 350z.
It gets Better Birmingham Mate had Rx8 Prodrive for 6 years
rx8.jpg

And thats why My mate from Wales goten one :D
rx82.jpg

Both Loved everything about them besides lask of LPG :D Neither was a work commute car weekend fun blasters.

After Year with 350z I know I wont ever buy car thats above 1400kg again. Deffo Missing high reving screamer. For me perfect toy atm wpule be BMW E36 just love sound of that i6 engine. Deffo dont need more performance that I had and have cant use it cauyse im crap driver anyway :D

Last edited:

nas

nas

Associate
I have a gen 3 Cooper S which I will be changing for a naturally aspirated car funnily enough. :p

As much as I enjoy the mini, in all honestly there is nothing really special about it. Like a lot of hatches, it has a 2.0 turbo engine, with the typical pops and bangs from the exhaust.

Owning something with 6 or 8 cylinders to me seems more appealing. Far less common and they sound awesome.

After I get bored of the golf, think I will go RWD.
Agree here, after a while you do look for something else. I recently went from a R56 after 18 months to a 325i. Both have pros and cons but would much rather be sat in the BM (which is N/A :D).

Back
Top Bottom