What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
With the poorly RS off to Triumph, I have been given this beauty to use:

47246447072_0995711e83_b.jpg

40334095683_74b830f26d_b.jpg

47246446952_3bb99442e6_b.jpg

A laugh a minute this thing was, though less than 100 on the clock, so having to be a tad careful.

Soldato
So, the XJ6N i took out for a ride a few weeks ago (my mates) has been offered to me for £3200; they're around £3k generally but this has the Leo Vince system on it, and I know it's been kept in an office/washed/looked after well. 62 reg, 10k miles, great condition

I'm selling the SV in July, for around £2500 (ex Missus really wants it)

SV only get's used for a 7-8 mile commute nowadays, for which I think the Xj is perfect, and it sounds HILARIOUS. Insurance is £58 to change the bikes til the end of my policy; SV will stay locked up/SORN'ed in the back garden until July or so when ex buys it. At which point the XJ6 will go back into his office for 6 months storage while I'm away with work for 6 months.

Anyone got any more thoughts on the issue? I took it out for a quick spin before my (current)gf got on, came back 2 minutes later and told him i wanted it; i suppose that's enough really :p

Soldato
Hmmm, that looks great fun! That's now on the list, thanks!
I rode Hardknott for the first time last summer, on a Bank Holiday Sunday afternoon. I rode past loads of tourist trying to leave the Lakes on the way in, and was sat at the top of the Hardknott for a good 30 mins just admiring the silence and view in the sun with nobody in sight. Absolutely incredible!

Soldato
I rode Hardknott for the first time last summer, on a Bank Holiday Sunday afternoon. I rode past loads of tourist trying to leave the Lakes on the way in, and was sat at the top of the Hardknott for a good 30 mins just admiring the silence and view in the sun with nobody in sight. Absolutely incredible!

Pretty similar story to me! I rode up from Suffolk in the morning - loads of people down by the lakes on a beautiful day in May last year, nobody up at the top!

K3D9k5J.jpg

Associate
They look the part. The Anakee 3s on my GSA are almost done, never known a bike to have so much choice when it comes to rubber! Will probably get a pair of Pilot Road 5s as most of my riding on it is commuting all weathers, with the odd day trip.

Soldato
I've done less than 15 miles on them so far but they seem surprisingly sure footed. The only comment so far is that I can feel the tread at very low speed (which I expect to), and that under hard acceleration the TC light flashes even though I don't feel any slip or judder. I'm impressed to be honest. The real test will obviously be in the rain, but I plan to have them scrubbed in by then.

Soldato
I had some mitas with big knobs on my enduro and on dry/damp roads you could seriously push on.

What are you planning on doing with your bike? It’s not often you see a GSer wanting to go off road :p

Soldato
I've been doing a fair bit of camping on the bike, and the Tourances were spinning all over the place on grass and forest/gravel roads. 90% of my riding is tarmac, but the other 10% (probably not even that) was causing me issues, including dropping it once.

Today will be the first wet ride to work!

Transmission breaker
Don
I went to Lightning Motorcycle training for an assessment session this morning. To work out what I needed to do for my Mod1/Mod2

They watched me ride my own bike (125) around the area for 2 mins, went and got a CB500F for me to try. Asked me ride it around the car park a few times, then put down 2 cones, asking me to do figure eights, so I did about 5 before he stopped me, and said he could see I was very comfy on the bike, and wanted to see me do some emergency stops. 2 stops later, and he said I should do the shortest course they do (2 days) as I can basically ride the 500 as well as expected.

I had no idea it would be so easy to ride a bigger bike, it was WAY easier than using my 125 for the same sort of manoeuvres and rides very nicely!

Was very tempted to run off for a quick ride up the road and back :D

Associate
They look the part. The Anakee 3s on my GSA are almost done, never known a bike to have so much choice when it comes to rubber! Will probably get a pair of Pilot Road 5s as most of my riding on it is commuting all weathers, with the odd day trip.

Take a look at the new Bridgstone A41 Adventures got them on my new 1250 so far very nice loads of grip in the wet and dry.

Soldato
Paid $1,112 for a 15k mile service on a bike with it having 13k on the clock, because I just bought it at a risk because it had NO service history. The bike cost $3,000 and was in too good a condition to pass up.

Turns out the only 'issue' it had was the valves needed adjusting and reshimmed... I managed to find a diamond in the rough it seems.

Back
Top Bottom