Huawei - can they be trusted?

Associate
I don’t know about Google, but Apple have very publicly stated that they won’t allow any OS backdoors for the US security services.

Huawei’s CEO will not make a similar statement unless he wants to find himself and his entire family locked away in Citizen Re-Education Camp #18 mining uranium with their teeth.

so true man Huawei wouldnt be my choice tbh....

Associate
mobile phone companies can say "publicly" what they like in private it is an entirely different matter. there are devices that can read all mobile phone devices i think its called a scorpion something like that.

All security services around the world have the ability to look at peoples data. and search your phones if people think they cannot i think they are in a dream world we live in a very tech world. and i think you will find nsa and cia can force apple to do what they like under the terrorism act lol.
I think its that old addage, if your not doing anything wrong if you do not have anything to hide why on earth worry about it. so what if you get access to pics or your sexy convos with your wife. they are not likeley to do anything with it.

just my £2 worth

Soldato
Well I'm not really sure what to say or how to think about all this tbh. My missus is Cantonese, or Chinese to the masses... and obviously I'm protective over her. All i know is that as well as the usual 'takeaway' type of racial abuse we encounter, she now feels that people are making comments out of turn regards technology and her trustworthiness not just n public but at work...

Associate
Samsung and Huawei are the biggest threat to Apple in the mobile phone sector. Apple is in the US government's pocket, but can't throw Samsung under the bus as they supply Apple with screens, flash memory, etc. Also S. Korea is the US' ally.

So Huawei is the evil Chinese conglomeration that must die, to get rid of a major threat to Apple's bottom line. It's all just US propaganda.

Associate
Why no hate for Xiaomi then?

They're more niche in the US - you'd have to specifically import them from China if you're a US user. Huawei were moving in with the US carriers, same as they did in the UK.

Oddly, there's not a peep about OnePlus, which is an off-shoot of Oppo, another Chinese company.

Soldato
mobile phone companies can say "publicly" what they like in private it is an entirely different matter. there are devices that can read all mobile phone devices i think its called a scorpion something like that.

All security services around the world have the ability to look at peoples data. and search your phones if people think they cannot i think they are in a dream world we live in a very tech world. and i think you will find nsa and cia can force apple to do what they like under the terrorism act lol.
I think its that old addage, if your not doing anything wrong if you do not have anything to hide why on earth worry about it. so what if you get access to pics or your sexy convos with your wife. they are not likeley to do anything with it.

just my £2 worth
Slips my mind exactly what case, but didn't the FBI or someone similar, fail to get a court to give them permission to access a certain iPhone (Apple refused to let them) quite recently? If they can easily look at all data why would they ask Apple and why would they go to the courts to do so? Maybe it was a red herring and they had access all the time, but perhaps not.

Edited. This: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...se-drug-dealer-iphone-jun-feng-san-bernardino

Associate
Is this trust issue a bit vague? The trust issue seems to focus on the 5G equipment and not handsets or tablets.

I am coming up for an upgrade on my contract and apart from 1 Samsung, Huawei offer several handsets that are meeting my wants and needs. I dont see an issue with consumer products but with the network infrastructure equipment there may be cause for concern.

Back
Top Bottom