*** Show us your Dogs ***

Soldato
Ours was done when he was younger. I can't remember the reason but i think my wife said there were health benefits to doing it. Think it was to do with prostate related issues and with having no tail they can sometimes develop issues. I tend to leave most of that stuff to her though!

Associate
Yeah, it’s only a noise collar though, nothing more than that. He had a barking problem when younger, but he’ a lot quieter now so doesn’t need it anymore.

Have your male frenchies been done? We was wondering whether or not to consider it. I don’t like putting bulldogs under Anesthesia unless essential.

Ahh I see. It's an unusual trait for a Frenchie to bark as they are normally well natured against it.

Yes, Keith (blame Mrs Shawrey :rolleyes:) has been done. He got to 18months old and was getting far too amorous with lovely green stuff leaking from places it shouldn't and making a right mess of things.

Since he was chopped he doesn't hump or have any amorous type behaviour now. He couldn't reach the area to itch or lick after post op so we didn't bother with a collar of shame as he hated the darn thing and would get stressed trying to push it off with his hind paws which we feared would open up the stitches.

He's still energetic when its play time but much more calm in general.

EDIT: most vets are happy to put them under, just make sure they have experience with brachycephalic / flat faced breeds and he'll be fine! :)

Shawrey

Soldato
These two...

50082648_2267441376868869_5383043550502132177_n.jpg

Our breeder has her last litter and one is called One Million and my god I want him. Is 3 too much? I think not tbh...

50023893_2360848047268018_6871947205448564736_o.jpg

Associate
Got this little thing back in the first week of December His name is Flynn,
Note: Not from a recent film for kids as everyone seems to think...

The day I got him:

First walk:

A Week ago:

Yesterday:

I see some people here have gun dogs? can someone point me in the right direction for whistle pips they use command wise?

He's got stop and sit up as well as the recall and both quite strong to say hes just over 4 months...I've surprisingly had a lot of people who have seen and heard how I am and he is with me say that they cant believe at that age he is actually listening to me and doing as I say :p

@MOOGLEYS How do you find that harness?

Last edited:
Caporegime
@Marvt74 alright Marv, can I ask you, did your Frenchie have a testerone surge around 9 months old? Louie is about that age now and his energy and boisterousness levels have shot up. He’s also showing signs of dominance like barking at us and jumping up and trying to overpower people sitting on the couch.

We still haven’t had him done and was wondering if this is the consequences of having a young Frenchie with a pair of goolies.

Soldato
Checked with the wife who remembers things better than me!

We never had any issues with ours and didn’t get him done until he was about 2ish. I don’t think he even knew what his penis was for and he’s never humped anything.

She said it sounds more like a training issue. We found that a spray bottle with water in was excellent for training bad habits out of him.

Associate
Forgot this one of the new addition with the original a few days after collecting her. This doesn't happen anymore as the original isn't very impressed...

01F0A859-2072-4219-A86A-A7E6F4129F3B.jpeg

Soldato
I cannot believe my little pup who was the smallest of the litter is now a 35kg beast. He is almost a year old and even after he has dug a hole in the garden and proceeded to run around the kitchen throwing mud everywhere I could not be without him. He makes me smile everyday even when I’m feeling down and rough...

j5yphy.jpg

15z1ati.jpg

Associate
Looks like a bit of a squeeze to get through that dog flap! our little one hasn't worked out how to use the dog flap yet, well I think she has, bu shes scared of it when it closes.

Back
Top Bottom