*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Just Cause 4 just came on game pass, Was holding off on this one for a sale but i will take that instead.
loved all the JC games I just ddint have space to play it when it was released so put it on hold. Gives me something to play till division 2 unlocks

Soldato
Just Cause 4 just came on game pass, Was holding off on this one for a sale but i will take that instead.
loved all the JC games I just ddint have space to play it when it was released so put it on hold. Gives me something to play till division 2 unlocks

Cool, not that I enjoyed the last one but this game only released last December. Game Pass is such a good service.

Associate
Unless this comes in considerably cheaper than a normal S my question would be, why? Why would someone buy that?

Amazon do the BF5 bundle for $230, so this coming in at $200 makes zero sense. $150 and you might be talking.

Testing market for digital/streaming only future?

Associate
Anyone had issues trying to request a warranty repair (HDMI stopped working)? My OneX is 4 months old, online through the support site lists it as in warranty but follow the direction to request a repair and they want £190 for out of warranty/region repair.....can't find a way to talk to someone to find out what's going on with that either.....

Soldato
I'd buy a diskless Xbox One. It would need to be £99 though, or £149 with a year of Game Pass or something. The S is regularly down at £179 with games.

Associate
Anyone had issues trying to request a warranty repair (HDMI stopped working)? My OneX is 4 months old, online through the support site lists it as in warranty but follow the direction to request a repair and they want £190 for out of warranty/region repair.....can't find a way to talk to someone to find out what's going on with that either.....
If its only 4 months old - why don't you take it back to where it was purchased from and get a replacement console instead ?

Associate
If its only 4 months old - why don't you take it back to where it was purchased from and get a replacement console instead ?

This is what I'm thinking to be honest. Not had to do a warranty claim within a store for quite some time to be honest, will they just replace there and then or is it more likely they'll send it off to get checked/repaired?

Associate
This is what I'm thinking to be honest. Not had to do a warranty claim within a store for quite some time to be honest, will they just replace there and then or is it more likely they'll send it off to get checked/repaired?
If you have receipt from the store they should just replace it as its under 6 months old and onus is on them to prove its not faulty.
Most places will just replace - however if they try and say to send off to MS or ring them etc - just state that its their responsibility and covered by them for 12 months etc.
Stand your ground and they should replace it. Where did you purchase it from ?

Associate
My Xbox One X was bought in October 2018 from Amazon and over the past ten days it has being doing some odd things.

Initially the first issue was an error message when playing Fallout 4 about save games issues and I was prompted to delete saves from the console and re-sync from the cloud, lost most of my progress in the game as a result. Also had some HDMI dropouts and tearing in Fallout 4 as well, but nothing else. The save game issue happened once in RDR2, but every other issue was in FO only

Then the dashboard starting being super slow and laggy.

I did a factory reset, but just the OS and somewhere along the lines I removed the FO disc and when I tried it again I got the corrupt disc message. This was the only game I own on disc, so I bought Metro Exodus today (Tesco vouchers I've been saving), I got the same corrupt message with that as well.

Figuring it was completely fubar I figured I may as well do a full reset in preparation for it going away to MS once it has finished I thought I'd try Metro one last time, and it is perfectly installing right now.

Not sure what to do now, I'll try installing FO once Metro has finished - I bet it works now.

Should I just bite the bullet and simply send it of for service?
If so the RMA I completed last night was all about the save game issues, the disc drive issue (if there still is one) only came to light afterwards so it isn't mentioned, can you go back in edit the info you provided?

Had a PS4 from launch and a Pro from its launch, both perfect, bit pants given this is only 6 months old.

Ta :)

Soldato
If you have receipt from the store they should just replace it as its under 6 months old and onus is on them to prove its not faulty.
Most places will just replace - however if they try and say to send off to MS or ring them etc - just state that its their responsibility and covered by them for 12 months etc.
Stand your ground and they should replace it. Where did you purchase it from ?

The retailer is completely within their rights to send the goods off for repair.

Associate
The retailer is completely within their rights to send the goods off for repair.
yes - but if its under 6 months most will just replace - but you are right retailer has option to repair or replace ( 1 chance only) after which they must refund in full.
most will replace as its easier as they get refunded for the item anyway by the supplier

Caporegime
Microsoft Rewards not to be sniffed at. After 100 days on and off doing the quizzes each morning, I've got £15 in gift vouchers which I've just used to reduce the price of the new Xbone Sports Red controller to £45. Nice going, if you ask me. :p

Associate
The rewards is definitely worth doing, if you convert points into £5 gift vouchers to use in the xbox store can you get stack them?

I've got enough points collected for £35 in vouchers but I'm not sure if I can get them all off one game purchase.

Caporegime
The rewards is definitely worth doing, if you convert points into £5 gift vouchers to use in the xbox store can you get stack them?

I've got enough points collected for £35 in vouchers but I'm not sure if I can get them all off one game purchase.

Yeah, there is a special offer on at the moment which means it costs 20% less to get the gift vouchers. I exchanged points for a £10 and a £5 within seconds of each other and then spent the £15 on one purchase.

Back
Top Bottom