Food banks

Soldato
Is the rise in numbers visiting food banks due to poverty or because there are more food banks and they give food away for free?
Mental Health? You can get referred to use food banks via Citizens Advice, this is how my sister is managing to survive. She also got 5 lots of £10 each for gas and electricity, after that nothing more.

She has had no ESA or housing benefit since August 2018 due to her claim being eventually fully closed, she was diagnosed in 2016 with paranoid schizophrenia after being sectioned by police one time, but because she is in total denial and virtually impossible to get her into a doctor to get a medical report, this is just the way it is. DWP wanted my sister to have a Work Capability Assessment, someone who has been on ESA and won a tribunal a number of years ago due to being reassessed.

Makes you wonder how many more people with lifelong chronic mental health conditions are in the same situation or on the streets homeless. Reminds me of the underground in New York when I visited there, lots of people mentally ill talking to themselves, acting crazy, urinating and crapping on the trains, no help whatsoever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom