Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
Checked Google and aligns with exactly what I though. Cheaper houses, shock horror oop north

Yeah...no. The usage was not correct.

And you say that like it's a bad thing? Last time I checked it's part of the UK which was the qualifier. Why live in a hovel darn sarth when you can have something beautiful up here for the same price.

Soldato
Yeah...no. The usage was not correct.

And you say that like it's a bad thing? Last time I checked it's part of the UK which was the qualifier. Why live in a hovel darn sarth when you can have something beautiful up here for the same price.

It is correct.

I think it's good thing, you just seem oddly annoyed? Must be due to being Northern :D

Fwiw I'm from Glasgow and imagine you can get nice houses in Northumberland for that kinda money.

Caporegime
It is correct.

I think it's good thing, you just seem oddly annoyed? Must be due to being Northern :D

Fwiw I'm from Glasgow and imagine you can get nice houses in Northumberland for that kinda money.

Apt would be being an estate agent, not living in this here desolate wasteland where houses with a view other than the bins behind a takeaway can be had for the price of a 1 bed studio in Dagenham!

As it happens I grew up in London and moved up here as a teen. Travelled there at least once a week from Newcastle until last year for consultancy work as they literally couldn't pay me to live there!

Soldato
Google Newbiggin. Cheapest seafront property in the UK.

Here's another one. Not the best views in that building but - sea view as you requested.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/d...h_identifier=88e9a7c45854b43c52933c2be66dc4e5

£90k

Countryside views

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55707078.html

£250k

Actually got me curious, love the view from this one. Warkworth castle is fantastic

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/d...h_identifier=167f2464b4dd39bda3d3f9c796dd45cd
Not the best views! It's crap. And a flat.

cecba0a3860b8c597119f1d53d9e66e0304e27f2.jpg

And the semi for 250...you can't seriously be comparing this:

a24316ac334ab7483fb791af986c12e4c8b44f69.jpg

With:

Yep, i'll never bore of this view, the cruise ships go right past too!

Excuse my shadow :D

40337392303_699d9f8b9d_b_d.jpg

But your last link with the castle view is certainly on the right track! Cheap too.

Soldato
I doubt you'd get that view in the UK for £250k! Are you enjoying it over there? I've always wanted to emigrate to Australia or NZ.

Yes, loving it, not in a hurry to get back to UK, good job i've got residency now, and a business to run! Only thing i'm not loving is the cost of property to buy, to be honest, i've probably underguesstimated the value of the house i'm in, it'll probably be closer to $600/$650k. Which even with a business which is doing fairly well for it's first year, we still couldn't afford to buy.

Caporegime
Caporegime
One window will be the kitchen window which'll need to be higher than a standwrd window, ditto bathrooms

Why tho? Cos it's a wet room? I can't think of a logical reason for this, but then I'm not a brickie. Just looks crap, even in the one bedroom the window is the size of a postage stamp. Bloody 'orrible.

Soldato
Some new Speakers (not sure if i'm actually going to keep them having listened to them in my room)

jh59nOM.jpg

Also got a new chair, which the dog immediately claimed

aZ3dxvJ.jpg

And a new turntable which has bluetooth built in since i've moved my amp to the other side of the room

ky7K5T7.jpg

And my newly created graveyard of now redundant hifi stuff (my wife must love living with me!)

WhjAort.jpg

Soldato
They look way too close to the back wall.

They're about 10cm. It's a limitation of the room and were chosen for the lack of rear porting to allow placement near the wall.

Turntable with Bluetooth seems like an oxymoron?

How so? Needed to move my amp so that i could have my speakers in a reasonable position and wanted to still be able to play records. APTx can transmit more bandwidth than vinyl can handle

Tea Drinker
Don
Why tho? Cos it's a wet room? I can't think of a logical reason for this, but then I'm not a brickie. Just looks crap, even in the one bedroom the window is the size of a postage stamp. Bloody 'orrible.

A kitchen window needs to start higher than the worktop and then usually 150mm above that. Same in the bathroom higher than a cistern plus 150mm

More windows is less insulation and a less efficient home, it's a tricky balancing act unless you're happy to spend the extra on super dooper glass.

The tiny windows are communal windows for staircases etc.

Caporegime
How so? Needed to move my amp so that i could have my speakers in a reasonable position and wanted to still be able to play records. APTx can transmit more bandwidth than vinyl can handle

The point of vinyl is the pure analogue experience from start to finish.

It's not about bandwidth, the second you mention bandwidth you went into digital...which defeats the purpose of a vinyl. You might as well play high bitrate SACDs and say it can handle higher frequencies than your ears can hear.

For me anyway.

Caporegime
A kitchen window needs to start higher than the worktop and then usually 150mm above that. Same in the bathroom higher than a cistern plus 150mm

More windows is less insulation and a less efficient home, it's a tricky balancing act unless you're happy to spend the extra on super dooper glass.

The tiny windows are communal windows for staircases etc.

Hmmmm. Makes sense I guess. My living room windows are all floor to ceiling, with skylights as well. I like a well lit place and am happy to pay extra for it. Different strokes I spose.

Back
Top Bottom