Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Man of Honour
this is possibly the most ridiculous question I have asked before but....
can anyone recommend a brush for cleaning grains out of the portafilter? I was in a hipster coffee shop the other day and the guy was using a little brush to clean out grounds after knocking out, this would be ideal for our office machine as you're generally doing a couple in a row and I've found that rinsing it out with water seems to get all sorts of drips/water retention in the portafilter thingy!...

Microfibre cloth or a Hasbean barista towel.

Gets it clean and dry and also easy to clean as you can just stick them in the washing machine. Paintbrush... not so much.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Does anyone know if you can get cheaper water filters from anywhere for the Sage machines? They’re £14 a pop directly from them which soon adds up every 2 months.

Being from up north do you need to? Im further north than you and Ive never changed the water filter and had my machine for about 3 or 4 years now.

Soldato
Is this the place to say - I gave up caffeine almost a month ago :D :D

Funny though I bought myself having loaded the coffee machine capsule and about to fill with water without thinking this morning.

So I'll clean up the MCAP4 and the MCAL and keep for entertaining and BBQs :)

Soldato
Is this the place to say - I gave up caffeine almost a month ago :D :D

Funny though I bought myself having loaded the coffee machine capsule and about to fill with water without thinking this morning.

So I'll clean up the MCAP4 and the MCAL and keep for entertaining and BBQs :)
There's some decent decaf beans around these days. Keep the habit aliiiiive!

Soldato
Soldato
- pulycaf ... is the, 'organic' urnex less effective ? seems a bit cheaper though. pulycaf ~£9 last one I bought
irrespective of which , I still have to put the pf in anti-limescale solution, after the pulycaf, too.

Caporegime
QCDhlcrm.jpg

DWiBevkm.jpg

Remember to descale frequently. Those are what came out after the initial tank flush (heat exchanger).

I had put off descaling for a while and... Regret it. Not even that long, either.. Maybe 6 months past when I'd normally do it at most.

Associate
Ah.. apologies, didn't search for this before posting!

I love the pi and was dreaming up a pill dispensing gadget, so this is a similar contraption realised.

I like the idea of being able to txt it, most likely from under my duvet. haha

Back
Top Bottom