**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
All these reasons put me off ordering anything from Toby Deals as well, even tho it all appears to be UK based from what i understand it's not really.

It's 100% not, THEY may be in the UK but if there's a big price delta then their stock is iffy.

I won't go into too much detail but I'm pretty close to this sort of thing and the types of stuff that gets sold as both new and UK in places like this or via particularly Amazon marketplace would turn your hair white.

Think international stock with 2 to 3 pin adaptors in the box, gulf region stock which already comes with a 3 pin plug but has a gulf software version and often has missing features like samsung pay etc (granted nobody is losing sleep over that but what if it were something you wanted?), occasionally stuff that's essentially "unwanted gift" type things or cash converter type arrangements so whilst technically maybe new, is on it's second user on a non transferable warranty etc etc. Even runs the risk of being IMEI barred at some point if someone does an insurance claim on it, then you're truly stuffed.

Frightening.. the old adage is true.. if it looks too good to be true etc

I'm inclined to agree with you. My girlfriend can get 10% off through her company discount portal which brings the S10e down to almost £600 and Samsung UK offer a 2 year warranty.

Plus it would be legit, peace of mind for £70 or something is surely worth it.

I'd maybe chance it on something like buds for example if the price was really hot and it only charged via USB and had no region specific features but IMO you're out of your head buying a phone or wearable that way.

Associate
My employer portal is showing 10% off now, but I got that from Quidco anyway and now you get a free wireless charger instead of the buds.

Soldato
so it transpires that i accidentally ordered a white one when i wanted a black....good thing the front is all black and you can't see the back in the case! Oh well, kind of a cool white i suppose....

The Samsung store order confirmation doesn't show you the colour so i had no idea until it turned up.

Soldato
Still waiting on mines being delivered...coming via Yodel *sigh*. DPD delivering my case at 16:45-17:45. I've got little to do for work today so it's frustrating it's not arrived as of yet.

There's no case. There is a screen protector installed, though unsure if it's meant to be left on as it's a little strange at the corners.

That is the proper screen protector they've pre-applied, I'll likely remove it right away to be honest.

Soldato
Anybody having issues claiming the buds? When i click the "claim those Galaxy buds" banner in the samsung app it just shows a white page...i guess there's every single person that pre-ordered trying to do the same!

Still waiting on mines being delivered...coming via Yodel *sigh*. DPD delivering my case at 16:45-17:45. I've got little to do for work today so it's frustrating it's not arrived as of yet.

That is the proper screen protector they've pre-applied, I'll likely remove it right away to be honest.

well, everybody except you :o

Soldato
Anyone got any links on how to remove default Samsung apps? Calendar, Phone app etc. I tend to switch to Google apps. Although I have noticed that the Google Launcher is not compatible for my device.

Caporegime
OP
Arrived but it's for my Mrs so I can't really do anything as I don't want to deprive her of the unboxing lol. If any one received the S10e this afternoon - let us know what it's like.

As for removing/stopping Samsung apps, Package Disabler Pro might be what you're after.

Soldato
Anyone having trouble with using the Samsung members app to get the free ear buds? Every time I press the link to get the free ear buds nothing opens whilst all the other links seem to work ok. I wonder if it’s because everyone is hitting it today hence the page not opening properly

Back
Top Bottom