New Star Trek series - 2017

Caporegime
Never realised that Ariam was recast from season 1, Used to be played by Sara Mitich and now played by Hannah Cheesman. Suppose that's one advantage to having a ton of prosthetics on a character that they can be replaced and nobody notices. Then again probably doesn't help that despite being Lt Cmdr the character is mainly only seen in the background for the most part.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was weird but also totally awesome as it really tied up with the ToS episode The Cage and again clearly shows this is the same timeline and universe .
Strange I got the opposite feel. After this episode the feeling I felt was this was a different timeline. The original timeline was with Burnham being killed as a child which was why Spock never talked about a Sister in TOS or the films and was also why no one talked about the great mutineer who caused a massive war. Everything after Burnham was saved as a child and all her actions post child is a new timeline separate from TOS, TNG, VOY e.c.t

Soldato
I'm not that up to speed with old Trek, but I am enjoying this season a lot.

I'm assuming that due to all the timeline stuff, we are going to have to jump to a new timeline, rendering the infamous spore drive, and stupid looking Klingon's irrelevant and get back to "canon"

Soldato
Strange I got the opposite feel. After this episode the feeling I felt was this was a different timeline. The original timeline was with Burnham being killed as a child which was why Spock never talked about a Sister in TOS or the films and was also why no one talked about the great mutineer who caused a massive war. Everything after Burnham was saved as a child and all her actions post child is a new timeline separate from TOS, TNG, VOY e.c.t
Its possible that after Discovery, Burmham is killed or something else happens which is why she is never brought up.

Then again Spock never mentioned his parents in TOS until they arrived on the Enterprise, nor did he mention having a half brother until Star Trek 5, so not mentioning a sister in TOS is really not that big a deal. Its still deffo the prime timeline for me anyway.

Soldato
Never realised that Ariam was recast from season 1, Used to be played by Sara Mitich and now played by Hannah Cheesman. Suppose that's one advantage to having a ton of prosthetics on a character that they can be replaced and nobody notices. Then again probably doesn't help that despite being Lt Cmdr the character is mainly only seen in the background for the most part.

I did actually noticed in the last few episodes that Ariam's face shape looked a little different but couldn't quite put my figure on it. It used to look more feminine and now looks a little more rounded. I thought they just changed up the prosthetics because of more close up shots this season.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
SQL injections!

Haha yeah, I had to rewind that part just to double-check. It's 2256 and Star Ships are using SQL databases! Maybe just the name has stuck... or they should have just said about rogue data being injected into the database.

Still, a decent episode I thought, lots going on and still felt Trek like. Hope the Culber storyline grows to something bigger given his new origins rather than it just being an excuse to fill a quota.

Last edited:
Soldato

Very nicely done.
I do quite like that idea.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Decent enough episode but bloody hell some of the camera work is awful.

If it was just inept director-ing I'd be more prepared to forgive it, but it's clearly a style choice. For everything this series does vaguely well, it does a bunch of stuff that makes my teeth itch.

No mention of General Order 7 this episode then, beyond a brief mention that Talos IV is a Forbidden World™. Section 31 storyline is still utterly crap and a waste of Michelle Yeoh. Anson Mount still out-acting every single person around him. Hey ho.

Back
Top Bottom