So it appears the forum has been spammed by some Korean bot!

Soldato
Wow, that is out of hand. Maybe there's a way to automatically block posts with foreign words/characters in? Other than that, there surely needs to be some night owl/aussie mods if it becomes a regular occurrence.

I know right....blue background... so out of hand lol

That heathen

Commissario
Ironically, I was up at 03:30 this morning and went out the door at 04:20. Normally I have a quick look at the forums before I go out but for some reason I didn’t do it today. If I had, I’d have had this lot cleaned up very quickly.

The first I saw was when I got to the services at Cobham on the M25 at 06:15 for breakfast and started hitting the ban button.

Commissario
Wow, that is out of hand. Maybe there's a way to automatically block posts with foreign words/characters in? Other than that, there surely needs to be some night owl/aussie mods if it becomes a regular occurrence.
You'd be surprised at how often we deal with (at a lower level) before anything is noticed by most of the users ;)

In this case it happened in about a 2 hour window and the sheer volume meant it took more time than usual to clean up, there are measures in place that mean it's unlikely to happen again;) (we've usually got mods popping in throughout the night as well).

Commissario
Ironically, I was up at 03:30 this morning and went out the door at 04:20. Normally I have a quick look at the forums before I go out but for some reason I didn’t do it today. If I had, I’d have had this lot cleaned up very quickly.

The first I saw was when I got to the services at Cobham on the M25 at 06:15 for breakfast and started hitting the ban button.
Pretty similar timings here, I got in from the cinema at about 3, had a look around and started watching some stuff on netflix at about 4 and didn't look again till ~6:30 and started hitting ban and delete.

Associate
You'd be surprised at how often we deal with (at a lower level) before anything is noticed by most of the users ;)

In this case it happened in about a 2 hour window and the sheer volume meant it took more time than usual to clean up, there are measures in place that mean it's unlikely to happen again;) (we've usually got mods popping in throughout the night as well).

Good to know it may just be a freak one off then that slipped through the net :)

Soldato
I was having a big nr 2. By the time I was finished deleting my legs were numb and I staggered from the thunderbox

That was a close one. :D Once beyond the event horizon the only way out is to fall off the pan and wait for the feeling to return. Not a good look.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Given that the moderators can still see the deleted threads, it feels like I’ve taken a trip to Korea when I click in to some sub forums.

As we know, South Korea is best Korea.

Back
Top Bottom