LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
Bought some Status LED bulbs from ALDI. 5.5w 470 Lumen Warm White, supposed to be similar to a 40w standard bulb but they are more like a 60w standard bulb.

Got 3 in lights I use the most and very happy with them, cost less than £3 each.

Soldato
Finally found replacements for my COB FL 9w bulbs - they now do long neck LEDs as a direct replacement. - I like the COBs but in the winter they take a while to get up to speed due to their bottoms sticking up into the loft. On order now.

Update -LEDs have arrived and one is installed - what a pallarva - The rubber suckers that you stick on to undo the bulb didn't stick due to ridges on lens - I can recommend Gorilla tape in a loop round your finger and stuck to the lens but even then they are hard to line up.

Second-- 5w LEDs in small bathroom is like having searchlights on ceiling hence one over the bog -

The other five are now in the fittings in the garage - they still fit standard LED fittings. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
Could you guys recommend some really bright but cold LED Gu10s?
Currently got some generic 4000k Gu10 leds, not sure of power but the temp i really like.
Ones just gone out and needs replacing

Soldato
We are starting work on an extension next week and I was wondering what spotlights you guys would recommend I choose for my kitchen / diner.

They are going to surround a lantern roof. I want something quite warm and not too clinical.

What lights are good? I don't mean just the bulbs. Can anyone spec downlighters? Thanks

Associate
Why do we have to put up with flickering LEDs? Had to buy some Philips GU10's recently to eliminate flicker strobe effect. Definitely not good to cheap out on lights.

Soldato
I ordered a Yeelight V2 bulb (800Luments) RGB, it's so good I've ordered two more, will have one in bedroom and two in living room, they're absolutely brilliant, control from phone turn on/off away from home in case forgot to turn it off, brightness in any color is exceptional. I always wanted these sort of bulbs but Phillips Hue are just too much, for the price of two of those Phillips bulbs I've got 3 Yeelights and no need to shell out for a hub, just brilliant.

Associate
Can someone help recommend some 4/5W warm white GU10s?
I'm looking for wider beam angles (wider than the standard 36/38 degrees).

The recommendations seems to be Screwfix, but most of their LAP bulbs are standard angles. I'm looking to do the entire house with about 80 bulbs :)

Associate
Can someone help recommend some 4/5W warm white GU10s?
I'm looking for wider beam angles (wider than the standard 36/38 degrees).

The recommendations seems to be Screwfix, but most of their LAP bulbs are standard angles. I'm looking to do the entire house with about 80 bulbs :)

LAP have flicker I found.

Soldato
Can someone help recommend
diimmable ? but for angle you need to look for smd ones .. if the bulb is genuinely flush with the surface .

below in 3k, or ... I also posted a non-dimmable - search smd
2 of my 6 hyperikon gu10's spots blew .. vendor refunded.

still looking too - current favourite
Amazon smd gu10 with a much wider 120 beam angle, but once again not small (trial) quantities,
I do not really want 10, but if they buzz or flicker they could go back - don't have a high cri value though, like the philips
LOHAS® Dimmable GU10 6Watt LED Beautiful 4000K

edit
I am still thinking of getting some of these gu10's 5 Watt 110° GU10 SMD LED
however these are not dimmable.

Back
Top Bottom